New tool (3.4.3): SamRender v2.0 build 015 (November 2023)

Thanks guys for thanking! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Raul - amazing tool!! I have no idea how many times I have rendered a track just because I need 20% of it. Game changer :slight_smile:

Raul - amazing tool!! I have no idea how many times I have rendered a track just because I need 20% of it. Game changer :slight_smile:

Thanks xerxes! Enjoy it!

Raul, had to come back once again to thank you for this tool :slight_smile: I love it!

1 Like

This tool has been updated to version 1.3.007. Read the first comment for more informationā€¦

Thanks Raul for this incredibly useful tool! It really helps with the workflow :yeah:

1 Like

Thanks You!

Enjoy! :grinning:

This tool has been updated to version 1.4.008. Read the first comment for more informationā€¦

Among other things, this version includes a very fast way to convert entire tracks or groups in samples repetitively, thanks to the automatic selection of the next track or group using ā€œMatrix Sel.ā€. This is especially useful for exporting samples (long audio waves) to other DAWs, fully synchronized.

3 Likes

This tool has been updated to version 1.5.009. Read the first comment for more informationā€¦

This version includes the compatibility with the new version 3.2.0 of Renoise. It include new icons, new elaborated progress bar and other graphic details.

It is not necessary to say that you must upgrade to Renoise version 3.2.0 to use SamRender version 1.5.009 or future version.

4 Likes

Thanks for that this tool will save me A LOT of time !!!

1 Like

Ey @Raul am I right that Samrender doesnā€™t automatically detect the line range I set in the pattern editor through mouse dragging a selection and have to manually set the ā€™ Lines Range To Renderā€™ in the tool gui? Or am I doing something wrong? :sunglasses:

If not possible, could you please implement it? Would be much quicker workflow especially when using the keyboard shortcut for Samrender, have it work similar to Renoise native render to sample.

Iā€™d like to use the tool for rendering pattern selections and use your ā€˜autocapture the track name to rename the sampleā€™ as this is a feature Iā€™m missing with Renoise native render to sample!

Cheers,

R

Yes

Yes

Ok, it is possible.

I will attend to this at some point (but it will take a few days).

2 Likes

No hurry! Glad youā€™re willing to look into this.

If you often render bits to sample from the pattern editor, everything is named ā€œRendered sample XXā€, doesnā€™t give a hint to whats inside. A track name can be helpful *(also instrument names from the sounds that are inside the selection, perhaps an other option to take into consideration?). Here lies a possible problem though, what if the pattern selection spans multiple tracks inside a pattern, how would you name the newly created render?

Simply put each track name one after another until you reach the maximum amount of characters the instrument list accepts as a valid name?

I wouldnā€™t mind fetching only the first, most left, track name if selection is >1 track in a pattern.

Nothing. Line selection (on multiple tracks) within the pattern editor is different from track selection.

Just be sure to select the correct track for the sample to take its name. It could be an option.

It is also possible to accumulate the names of all tracks with a maximum number of characters (they are a sequence of strings).

New release published: SamRender v1.6.011.

Inside the spoiler of the first entry is the Updates History with more informationā€¦

This new version is a complete facelift of the GUI. It also includes the latest requests from some users.

Enjoy it!

3 Likes

This is such a great tool. I use it every day.
I found a small bug, that occurs whenever I try to call SamRender by its keyboard shortcut (I set it to alt+r) for the first time

After I open it once via menu entry it doesnā€™t happen again.

@weizenkeim Oh, wow! It must be some silly mistake of mine when updating the GUI. I will review it and release a new version with the fix as soon as possible. In fact I believed that this matter was resolved, because this error is familiar to me when programming this latest version.

Thank you very much for reporting the error! This helps a lot to make the tools stable.

Great. Thanks for working on this tool. Itā€™s awesome. But I said that already. The bug was in the last versions too btw. I just didnā€™t care to report, because it seemed such a minor issue. :wink:

Yes, it is a minor (absurd) problem that has to do with updating a global variable in the first GUI load. Programming stuff. It doesnā€™t even have to do with the operation of the toolā€™s operations (which is much more serious). Iā€™ll solve it ā€¦

New release published: SamRender v1.7.012.

Inside the spoiler of the first entry is the Updates History with more informationā€¦

SamRender.v1.7.012

SamRender v1.7 build 012

This new version fix the error previously reported by @weizenkeim. Thanks for informing!
Enjoy it!

1 Like