New tool (3.4.3): Sample Multi Controller v2.1 build 060 - Get more out of Renoise’s sampler!

Thanks to @Raul for making this beast of a sample manipulator! It’s really something great :smiley:

Can the actual start point of a sample be changed or is it just the start point of the loop?

1 Like

Just for clarification, SMC 2.0 is fully compatible with Renoise 3.3. As the Renoise API will not change substantially in the future, SMC will continue to be supported without any problem.

I’m sorry to answer so late. I didn’t really see this message. You can control the start and end of the loop and also control up to 6 slices.

A slice serves to trigger the sample at a given point along the wavelength. So you have not only one, but up to 6.

No probs for lateness, thanks for response :smiley:

Some users have asked me privately how to “bridge” the tool. As is a common question, here is an animated screenshot that shows the basic steps to do it:
Once the tool is bridged, you can assign other routings to the 8 macros from the “Macros Routing” panel.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m just starting using smc. I can load the doofer chain from the smc and when I turn the knobs on the doofer the smc tool responds.

But, the modulators, configured in the prebuild smc doofer chains, don’t have an output. When there is an lfo, which should modulate the doofer, it doesn’t even show the output bar moving up and down, it has no bar at all. Anyone knows what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks !

Have you seen the comment above that I just posted?! Here is an example with LFO

2 Likes

You have the LFO device “minimized”. Press the center button to maximize

X V → this

3 Likes

I’m not a total n00b, just a little maybe, but I know how to minimize and maxmize device. :slight_smile:

See below what I mean, no movement in the lfo, so the doofer is not modulated by the LFO.

lfo no output

When I add a LFO myself on another track I see the output bar move like I’m used to. This is what I expect.

lfo with output

You have to activate the LFO device. You have it in Bypass. Hit the V switch

X V → this V

• X: Close
  • : minimize/maximize
  • V: Bypass/on (or Off/On)
2 Likes

You’re right, I was so overwhelmed by everything that I didn’t see this simple thing anymore. Thanks a lot mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

:smiley: :+1:

1 Like

i have slices automated, and know how to set it up.When I automate the slice movement, the first (mother) sample has to be selected, cool.

Can i also automate the pitch or panning per slice, seperately? So one tool for sample 01 and a tool for a separate slice beneath it? Or am I thinking the wrong way?

In short, is it possible to automate slice movent and pitch for a single slice at once? And how would I manage that best?

Thanks again, I don’t even feel bad for asking, this tool is really difficult to get my head around, but I really want to learn it. :slight_smile:

This is a somewhat advanced topic, but it really is possible, at least with 4 slices.
Renoise only allows 8 macros per instrument. That is, for each instrument the tool allows the control of up to 8 parameters.
So you can control the 8 parameters (the 8 macros) from a single SMC window or use up to 8 SMC windows, each for a specific parameter.

In your case, you can load 5 SMC windows:

Window 1 (main sample 0)

• Macros Routing: Slices 1, 2, 3, 4

Windows 2-3-4-5 (sliced samples 1,2,3,4)

• Macros Routing: Transpose (or Finetune) 5,6,7,8

The main limitation is always the same: Renoise only allows 8 macros for each instrument. You can only control 8 properties (or parameters) at a time.

Keep in mind that each sample has its own properties (panning, transpose …) But the 8 macros are a direct feature of the instrument, not of the samples.

2 Likes

Got it man, great tool!

I hugely announce that the new version 2.1 of Sample Multi Controller as just published! Read the first comment for more information. To know all the news, display the list of the new version in “Update History”.

To update the tool to the latest version for all those users who have their Personalized Use License of Full Version, please follow this steps:

1. Uninstall the old version of SMC.
  2. Install the latest version of SMC.
  3. Reinstall your Personalized Use License.

Other considerations:

• Remember to backup your custom songs and config files, before reinstalling the tool, so you do not lose them.
  • For the rest of users, they can try the free Demo Version.

Sampe Multi Controller 2.1 includes some corrections and improvements. This is a menor update but it is still important, because it involves API modifications. The User Guide has also updated.

The main feature is the support of the new API 6.1 of Renoise (3.3.0 and next…). This implies modifications in the control of the sliders and knobs with the clicks and the mouse pointer, basically. All code has been revised to be compatible with the new API 6.1…

Please, if in doubt, take a look at the user guide. There are many details there…

If you are interested in the Full Version of SMC and in supporting the developer, get your Personalized Use License!

Thanks for the support and enjoy it!

1 Like

Wow this is a beast. I’m in!

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: That’s how it is! Enjoy it!

love this tool. its really opened up some possibilities for me

one thing ive never got my head around -

each time i close and re open renoise and each project i have to turn the tool panels back on and re-bridge the doofers manually - is there a way to save these settings with the project file?