New tool (3.4.3): Piano Roll Studio v6.2 build 562 (September 2023)

Alt is Option on Mac. THIS IS THE WAY.
This is the way

Yes. With “alt” the same thing should happen. Maybe some Mac user can test it with the “alt” key and confirm here that it works perfectly on their machine.

Anyone with Mac who can test this?

Figured that out already. Thank you. :grinning:

Does the work properly now?

No. I am not sure what to do…

The option key works other places just not in PRS.

In Renoise, when you have to use the Alt key, how do you do it?
For example, the controls on the “View” tab. “Alt F”, Alt D, etc…

Option F and Option D work in the main program window.

I will try to investigate this matter and contact you privately, with PM. You may need to go through a few steps to figure out exactly what’s going on with the “Alt” key. I think I’ll be able to create a specific tool to detect it, but it will take a while.

As a general rule, PRS should work for any Mac user, including all modifier keys, because I’ve previously made tools with these commands and they worked fine on Mac.

I plan to release a new version soon. If there is something wrong with this issue, it should be fixed. But it seems that your case is an isolated case with your machine.

I am searching…

I am working with Keyboard Maestro. Still does not let anything through. Still researching.

I have sent you a private message to clarify this matter. Anything, we can treat it there.

@adamagain47. The issue of keyboard commands for Mac (SHIFT-CTRL-ALT) is already resolved for the next version of the PRS. There will be an option in Preferences to be able to switch to COMMAND and OPTION if needed.
Thanks for reporting it!

Thanks! All set!

even if i do not have usage for this tool at this time, it looks very tempting and serious. Congratulations for making such great tool! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a very strong tool - helps me with horizontal chord recognition- pretty cool!

1 Like

I am pleased to announce that the new version 1.1.270 of Piano Roll Studio has just been released.

Go to the first comment of this thread for more information. You can check all the news in the Update History section.

The news is also detailed in the new version of the User Manual.

The preferences file has also changed. It is recommended to completely uninstall the old version and then install the new version.

For those users who have a License, they will need to install it again, as usual.

Enjoy it!

1 Like

This is an incredible tool that really helps provide another way to edit and create note/pattern sequences. Despite the older ways of doing things only via the traditional tracker method, if there are others that came from a piano-roll environment in the past, Piano Roll Studio provides another way to view and edit the data.

For some, this may quicken the pace and provide a means to grasp tracker data. For some, this may even provide a way to learn HOW tracker data is entered. For others, like myself, I can already type in the tracker data at a very fine detail, but I can now visualize chord structures AND how to connect to other chords in a manner I was/am used to. I learned about chords on piano rolls in the past, and it is just easier for me :smiley:

Another exceptional tool from @Raul - congratulations for making this for us!

1 Like

I am pleased to announce that the new version 1.1.271 of Piano Roll Studio has just been released.

Go to the first comment of this thread for more information. You can check all the news in the Update History section.

Thanks to @martblek for reporting me one last problem. It has already been resolved!

For those users who have a License, they will need to install it again, as usual.

Thanks to the composers for their comments!

Enjoy it!

How do I draw notes directly on the grid, especially in Note Edition mode? I see a pencil icon, but I can’t make squares or rectangles by clicking on the grid.