New Tool: pattern_pone - Pattern overview and editing tool

Loving it, nice and useful, thank you gova, different sizes and comparing different tracks sounds great, cannot wait :slight_smile:

Most probably final update, I can’t find any more bugs… assuming the fix I did in this version doesn’t cause any, butI don’t see why it should.


Definitely last update, added everythingI found necessary.

It would be great if this could be tested, if I get 50 downloads without any bug reports I’ll submit tobe reviewedbythe dev team.

unrelatedly, some small handy scripts I’ve made

Attachment 5272 not found.

Attachment 5273 not found.

This is cool, so quick to adjust volume/delay, great for fine tuning a beat, thanks again gova.

I found a ‘bug’ but I don’t think it’s possible to fix,

When you push play after you’ve set a looping region that is notsupported by blockloop, it sets the loop totheclosest block loop region.

So non-block loops can only be played properly if you already are playing.

Schedulingpatterns to play doesn’t trigger it.

Is this technically a renoise bug?

EDIT: actually it doesn’t always happen

Try this: make a 0x80 long pattern and set the loop from 30 to 5F, then try the above issue.

or 00-33, seems to happen every time when 1/2 block loops are the closest variant


I think it isn’t possible to make bitmapsin lua directly. So an external program is necessary. If i’ll make it it will probably be windows only.

Also found 2 bugs, fixed in next version.

I checked out the socket API, so full on sample tracks aren’t really impossible, scanning the pattern data, as ‘proven’ by this tool isn’t really that taxing if you don’t mind <second lag.

Sorry to bump in all of a sudden, but I was told to use this if I wanted to have 512 or 1024 rows of automation in a 16 row pattern…

I linked you to the correct post :stuck_out_tongue:

It uses Illformed’s position calculating script, but if you want to use it on a permanent basis you’ll have to spend some time and fix it.

I can no longer remember what bugged out the tool.

EDIT: actually the tool is completely broken now. I didn’t change it. Let me have a look what went wrong.

EDIT2: I used the older version of it, the one in my_tools.