New Tool: pattern_pone - Pattern overview and editing tool

Loving it, nice and useful, thank you gova, different sizes and comparing different tracks sounds great, cannot wait :slight_smile:

Most probably final update, I canā€™t find any more bugsā€¦ assuming the fix I did in this version doesnā€™t cause any, butI donā€™t see why it should.

OK,

Definitely last update, added everythingI found necessary.

It would be great if this could be tested, if I get 50 downloads without any bug reports Iā€™ll submit tobe reviewedbythe dev team.

unrelatedly, some small handy scripts Iā€™ve made

Attachment 5272 not found.

Attachment 5273 not found.

This is cool, so quick to adjust volume/delay, great for fine tuning a beat, thanks again gova.

I found a ā€˜bugā€™ but I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to fix,

When you push play after youā€™ve set a looping region that is notsupported by blockloop, it sets the loop totheclosest block loop region.

So non-block loops can only be played properly if you already are playing.

Schedulingpatterns to play doesnā€™t trigger it.

Is this technically a renoise bug?

EDIT: actually it doesnā€™t always happen

Try this: make a 0x80 long pattern and set the loop from 30 to 5F, then try the above issue.

or 00-33, seems to happen every time when 1/2 block loops are the closest variant

updated.

I think it isnā€™t possible to make bitmapsin lua directly. So an external program is necessary. If iā€™ll make it it will probably be windows only.

Also found 2 bugs, fixed in next version.

I checked out the socket API, so full on sample tracks arenā€™t really impossible, scanning the pattern data, as ā€˜provenā€™ by this tool isnā€™t really that taxing if you donā€™t mind <second lag.

Sorry to bump in all of a sudden, but I was told to use this if I wanted to have 512 or 1024 rows of automation in a 16 row patternā€¦

I linked you to the correct post :stuck_out_tongue:

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=5159

It uses Illformedā€™s position calculating script, but if you want to use it on a permanent basis youā€™ll have to spend some time and fix it.

I can no longer remember what bugged out the tool.

EDIT: actually the tool is completely broken now. I didnā€™t change it. Let me have a look what went wrong.

EDIT2: I used the older version of it, the one in my_tools.