The Sample Knife is bunch of tools for cutting in the sample editor.
The extension includes:
- A status of your selection length in seconds (press ! to refresh sadly)
- Four buttons for nudging selection without changing it’s length.
- Fast buttons ("<<" and “>>”) will skip selection start to end or end to start.
- Slow buttons will nudge by a given amount of samples (1000 default - set in the valuefield above).
- Three basic cutting options:
- Hard Cut - Cuts the selected part to a new sample and leaves the unselected parts joined.
- Cross Cut - Cuts from start of sample to selection end to a new sample. Leaves a copy from selection start to end of sample.
- Split Edges - Cuts from start of sample to start of selection to a new sample. Deletes selection. Leaves a copy from selection end to end of
Any ideas and comments would be appreciated.