New Track! Avoiding Oblivion

I just finished up a new breakbeat/jazz/rock/hiphop track:

Avoiding Oblivion

So, tell me what you think! If you have a track of your own that you would like some feedback, leave a link to the thread here and I’ll check it out.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds awesome! :walkman:

I’m not really good with mastering stuff, but it sounds well for me. I’ve listened with headphones and loud volume. ;)

I really like the main kick and snare, but i think, that a bit more variations would be nice, maybe a short faster part as a buildup or similar. The melodic stuff is well arranged and somewhat groovy.

Greets

This sucks!

No, just kidding - it’s not long enough ;) I am currently listening to that the 6th time in a row ;) Good stuff!

Thanks a bunch for your input Beatslaughter and Dopefish! I’m glad you guys enjoyed it!

Dopefish: Did you like the ending section? Whenever I listen to the song, I tend to skip over to that ending climax and listen to that over and over. Man…this is one of the longest tracks I’ve ever finished and it’s not long enough? :stuck_out_tongue: I think I’m going to take that as a compliment! :walkman:

Personally, I too would want it to be a little bit longer, but I just can’t see that happening without losing the effect of that end section…so I can’t add stuff to the end, but maybe I could play around with that break in the middle…maybe extend that, add more percussion and some scratches, play around with the rhythm of the drums, then drop back into the main drums and the crying synth.

Hmmmm.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Take that as a compliment ;)

The ending is exactly the way it should be… Some tracks fade out and finally the song ends…

Like I already said, I like that track very much, although I think that that you could do some variations in the drums like beatslaughter already said

I’ll try to do vary the drums a little. Thanks again for the feedback.

Take care.

Danke schon…

^ that’s me busting out my German. :slight_smile:

Nice tune, indeed! Give it more some bottoms, I think. And guitars need some attention (bottne aswell).
I like it alot, especially with served with some ganja! :eek:

Overall really nice stuff. I really dig the drums and the bass and the mastering sounds really nice to me.

the climax from 4:00 - 4:45 or so is pretty amazing, i really love the synths and the trumpets. i agree that the beat could use some variation (and also the guitar part) but the samples and mixing is great.

quality music for sure

edit: i really like this, can’t get it out of my head. i’m gonna go listen to all your other songs from your website