Next Renoise Logo (beta)

With joule’s design launching the tracker, talk about feeling like “haha sucker!” when you’re past that loading screen and looking forward to have some nice pianoroll editing action…

With Conner_BW’s ultra-minimalistic design, I can’t decide if he has too little or too much time at his disposal. It does capture the Lua scripting though…

With Vastique’s sharp white on black design, I feel a vibe of implicit “tracker purity” in the contrast. I also feel a bit like that time a long time ago when I was reading the amazing Spiderman, who used to have that red suit… and suddenly he got a black suit…

MarcC’s design reminds me a bit of the old “Windows” logo, but it has a clear vertical pattern columns tracks with the “R” creatively slashing all over those tracks in the form of music…

sevenscientist’s design captures the essence of pattern squareness and digital bit-crunching, but the third with the Live-like R swelling over the borders implies to me like the tracker has grown out of its tracker suit…

I think we should go more back to basics, you know?
Find the essence of it all:

I only ask for 10% of the profits if you decide to use this logo for one of the next versions.

IMO: I like the original logo most, because with it’s thick shanks it works also at small sizes. Only the letter spacing could be a bit wider and also it’s too wide.

terrible… all.

I was way ahead of you guys:

B) ;) ^_^ :D

I don’t think renoise needs a new logo, but I wonder what does that tag of the original logo stand for?

I like the current one best! Anyway nice work!

mee too reallike the 2nd

Why this? Ok, some of the logos are cool… but seriously, Renoise doesn’t need a new logo? The current one is already awesome.

Isn’t it gonna be called Reglyphics or sth starting from 3.0???

You mind sharing that lovely piece or no?

I don’t see why not :)

Here: http://goo.gl/CI0a2

Weird. You should be able to download it without a google account…
Otherwise - try this one Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

Ya.

+1 for your design . Like the font!

/3/\Oi5e <- total winner

That Helion font looks exactly like on my logo although I actually drew it myself :D

That Helion font looks exactly like on my logo although I actually drew it myself biggrin.gif

Nope, yours look way better. Especially the Helion “e” looks clumsy compared to your design :slight_smile:

Btw: All of these typefaces look very nineties. Here is a logo I designed in 1997:

formula.png?raw=1

(if you recognize it, you perhaps went to one of our parties in those days tongue.gif )

That r looks like a mustache