No Love With Sse

Gday, first post, i’ve just got myself Renoise to have a crack at, loaded it up only to find the SSE error, I followed the guise at this site didn’t work, the app they supplied didn’t have the same menus. My tweaks menu only has a realtime clock checker.

Can anyone help out ? here’s the specs for my powerhouse!

Cheers!

Using A4SSE may help you.

http://www.geocities.com/uart0/k7som.html
or
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/etc/a4sse.zip

But you have to use it every time when you start pc.
Also your pc may become a bit unstable when using it with some recent vsts.

yeah that sounds a bit rough, might have to give renoise a miss till i can get a new comp i reckon?

thanks for the reply

I bought new pc last December. Before that, I’d been using AMD Duron 1100MHz cpu and I’d experienced blue screen sometimes with A4SSE.
Though I’d become accustomed to it to some degree, I recommend you to get a new pc.
Recently, a lot of music applications need the SSE support.

Or optionally, if you can endure, it is possible to use Renoise 1.5.2(no need SSE support) with almost perfect stability till you get a new machine. It’s a still high sound quality tracker, though without mixer and … :(

Maybe A4SSE from upper link is OK to do so (I don’t understand it in detail).
But I used japanese version (from lower link) and it is “switching” type.
So I had to switch manually every time… ;)

Anyway, now I have no stress at all. so really, I recommend a new pc.

do all newer PCs come with this SSE support or is it something i have to look out for, sussed out some 2.0 DualCore barebones packs on ebay for a couple of hundred sounds all right.

All Intel models since Pentium III i believe support SSE (with a few minor exceptions). AMD had something different and for some specific desktop or laptop computers you have to enable SSE by using a specific tool (as shown above in the image).
If one still has a PC with a processor less than a PIII this person would be one of the last Mohicans.