Noyesnoyes

Here’s a little number I’ve been cracking on with over the past week…

It has gone a bit mental towards the end but I know that’s how some of you like it! Admittedly still needs some tweaking in the form of a little more controlled distortion and some other weird bits. Opinions welcome :)

http://www.soundcloud.com/in-fluence/noyesnoyes

wow. a headbanger! a lot of variations, that keep the track fresh. voices and basslines are nasty and work the dancefloors perfectly. what dsp did you use on the master track? allthebest, dd

Thanks! Sounds like it’s mission accomplished :)

I haven’t actually used any DSP on the master. a little low-end side-chaining between the kick & b-line tracks (maybe a little too prevalent on the second breakdown), plus a single reverb send track - I’m absolutely loving the multiband sends for this - provides nicely consolidated control.

I think it does need something on there though, I’m working with -6db headroom but it’s still peaking out from time to time. Can’t really find the cause though, been through all the tracks and nothing stands out on it’s own…
This is the next important step in my learning curve I think :)

the perfect mix seems to be a long, but exciting trip to enlightment. i checked the tutorials again yesterday. monitor calibration etc… concerning your peaks. did you check the tracks with the spectros? there might be some interferences…

cheers,

dd

Yeah, I’ve managed to narrow it down a little. The 400Hz range seemed to be the issue and can play from start to end with just -0.04db headroom now. There’s some pretty ‘freq-ish’ moments in there though which make for some unpredictable playback, but think I’ve got it under control :)