"Nudge Note" should move notes outside of selection/to next pa

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a track with a repeating note every two steps.

2. Write a delay of “F7” to the first note and change it to a note-off

3. Create a copy of first pattern

4. Now adv. editor -> Track on song -> Nudge down by 4

5. The delay offset of the first note in the second pattern will not change

Expected result

All notes and note-offs should move properly

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a track with a repeating note every two steps, but on uneven positions, so the very last row in the pattern has a note.

2. Set a delay value of “FF” to every such note.

3. Create a copy of first pattern

4. Now adv. editor -> Track on song -> Nudge down by 4

5. The last note will disappear.

Expected result

All notes and note-offs should move properly, and also moved to the next pattern, if out of range.

I guess it’s the same problem in the other direction, too.

Hello. In a tracker it’s hard to say what the “next Pattern” actually is - cause you can reuse/repeat patterns via the sequencer.

Because of this reason and for the sake of simplicity, advanced edit operations never modify any content outside of the range that you are “editing”.

Hm, but could it moved if the next or previous pattern has a different number?

No,

what about this logic: Move note to next pattern, if

• The next pattern’s number is unique in the sequence, so not repeated

I see it a bit differently - pushing a note “outside the pattern” just meaning pushing it into a line which is not (yet?) visible. It still exists, unless you are pushing it past the maximum possible line (currently 512). Some tools even exploit this fact (i.e. Grid Pie), so what we have is in fact useful.

What you suggest would IMHO only be intuitive if we had a strictly enforced “continuous mode”. Basically, a massive overhaul/expansion of what the inconspicuous little button in the pattern editor toolbar does (right now: determine the cursor position when inserting notes and moving up/down inside a pattern) that, when enabled, would automatically convert patterns and generally make sure that everything affected by the change was made unique.

Well,

I used nudging down after I imported a midi track which was offsetted… Quite hard to fix a whole track then. I mean currently you have to REALLY take care, if

A ) Notes aren’t missing around boundaries

B ) note-offs on first position are not moved, but notes !??

Isn’t B a bug you can fix without breaking your view of life? It moves notes, but not note-offs? IMHO very strange.

B ) note-offs on first position are not moved, but notes !??

Isn’t B a bug you can fix without breaking your view of life? It moves notes, but not note-offs? IMHO very strange.

Same issue as reported here?

I also think it should be fixed.

ffx: If you mark and nudge a note (and only the note) which is followed by an note-off, the note-off will also move (though it is not in the selection). Do you think it should work that way?

IMO it should be moved what is in selection, without exception.

If applied to track in song, IMO all elements should be moved, also beyond boundaries.

We need a “selection in sequence” option, too. There the note should not be moved beyond boundaries, or optionally rotated.

PS: Maybe the “preserve lengths” option could act as an switch for moving note-offs optionally?