Olga Synth

Maybe you should learn to program synths a little better if it always sounds the same ;)

NAS

I dont need to accept anything
You obviously have no talent at all in synthesizing sounds if you can’t get a synth like Olga to sound different

If you can’t accept that cool but erm perhaps you should try harder at creating sounds and less at typing trash on the forum

NAS

PS it wouldn’t actually be such a silly comment for you to change your ears if Olga always sounds the same to you
Maybe you should try SOS synth secrets or something

Now I have tried Olga for a couple of days and my judge is that it most often sounds thin and canny, kind of like my korg ms2000. Only difference is that the ms2000 has more oscillator waveforms and virtual patch capabilities.

But it IS possible to get fat sounds out of them both, but the options goes down as the fatness goes up. But I guess thats the truth with most synths.

It is a bit boring with only two waveforms to chose between after all the oscillators is the engine of a synth. And the difference between the waveforms isn’t really breathtaking in Olga… The square/pulse just seems and sounds like a distorted, flanged sawtooth, but it may well be the intention.

I think Olgas envelopes are slow even if set to “zero” (also like the ms2000).

Olga looks like a machine found in the wonderful world of Myst (The first one) and the HCI sucks pretty bad, so I am just not convinced.

Okay, I normally don’t enjoy doing this NAS, but I’m going to have to pull rank on your lame ass. I have Super Advance Member status here on these forums and I know a troll when I read one. You might want to accept the fact that you have been typing the posts in this thread as if you either 1. have a chip on your shoulder and just talk to people all nasty like that or 2. are bored with life and like to stir crap up
and any other reason for your trolling wouldn’t be an excuse either

be nice ffs

come one guys hug and make friends,its not worth getting all upset.

btw i personally really like this synth(thats why i posted,in the first place)so can anyone recommend me anything else to get(cheap)

i could use something more in these categories

chorus

phaser(linear phasor doesent work in renoise)

ring modulators

overdrive

exciters

You’ve obviously never heard kaneel’s music… or you wouldn’t be indicating that he doesn’t know how to program a synth. :rolleyes:

Or he paid for the plugin, and now he thinks nobody else will.

Now something postive on the plugin: The grafix are ok!

Okay, I am one of the Guruhs and I say :

First of all, try to keep your comments personal. Don’t say “this is shit”, say “I think this is shit” or “This is shit for me”. In all those years in music I learned to reserve the phrase “this sucks” to something really horrible, everything else is just something that I personally don’t get or enjoy.

I didn’t like Olga too much either, I am not into these kind of sounds and I know what Kaneel means, compared to other VSTs that really bring up a whole new soundscape when you even touch a dial this is pretty limited.

On the other hand it might be exactly what NAS is looking for and he is entitled to his opinion. I know other people who would enjoy this plugin because it’s exactly the sound they are looking for.

However, stop getting personal. NAS, especially the Neel is a pretty bad choice to pick on. Though he threw backpunches pretty fast himself. And NAS, you should learn to read a members status on a board and consider it before posting a reply.

Behave! :D

PS:BTW, do I even have any authority on this board? Just wondering …

I saw Olga last year when I went skiing in tirol. She looks more fat than she is.

Right on!
Ofcourse you do, if the purpose is to bring back common sense into the debate and ceasing the useless rantage.
If that won’t work we just put a lock on a topic or in worse cases we supply warn-points to the involved members that could even lead to bans.
But luckily we never had to ban anyone and warningpoints have been very seldomly submitted.

(And we desire to keep this forum that happy)

NAS:

Show us some tunes and let them do the talking.

Reputation comes from the tunage.

OK so i have to listen to people talk rubbish and just sit back because of there forum status yes ?
OK i now know why Renoise is struglin along instead of getting the customers it deserves
That is an horendous attitude to have simple as that
All the little Kaneel fanboys jumping on the bandwagon is hilarious aswell hahahaha
So if the point was to stop free speech and curb peoples opinions fair enough

1 I had nothing to do with the development of Olga
2 I do not own Olga
3 I’m not trolling when i state a fact

The fact being if everything you can achieve with Olga is sounding the same you have absolutly no idea what you are talking about or doing
No i dont need to listen to Kaneels music at all to refute that statement OK do you get it ?

Don’t worry i won’t post my opinions on this board anymore i will just use Renoise as i have before
And one last note i do actually code synthesizers myself and do understand what sounds nice beyond the usual look at the interface and how many oscilators has it got shtick posted in here

NAS

Even if that was a fact, what are you going to do about it? I mean, it sounds like you enjoy the software!

Personally, I’m a software developer as well. And actually, I plan to speak to Taktik about releasing some of my plugins, with a free license to all registered Renoise users. I didn’t want to reveal that yet, but somehow it seems quite relevant now…
That will surely be a more positive thing than you two guys throwing words at each other!

If you want to use the momentary lapse of reason of one board member as a template for the Renoise team attitude it may be that simple but are you sure you may not just be a little over-reacting?

Personally i don’t see any reason for Kaneel to provoke you the way he reacted but neither do i consider it wise from you to respond this way to it and keep feeding the quarrel. Looza made a good point about taking things personal and that any board member on this board sometimes has to read a bit in between the lines to get the proper context of the phrases.

With the “memberstatus”, Looza actually meanted in this situation that he know’s Kaneel a bit better than you and just gave you a tip how to deal with him ;) (speaking about reading in between the lines in practice)

Just relax, this is just talks about a plugin attached to personal ideas and desires. We don’t need to behave like Protestants against Catholics do we now?

Stick around and you will notice this board is a lot more relaxed than you might had the impression of.

@Kaneel:
Just shut up, it’s okay ;)

edit:If this useless rant does not stop this topic shall be closed.

ok everybody SHUT UP,stop acting like some stupid mo-fo

this wasent the reason why i posted about the synth

so stop all the name-calling bull#¤%t

Close this now please