Operating Systems

I am a proud Mac user with Mac OSX and Windows XP succesfully installed in it. :ph34r:

Everyone is bashing Vista without any reasons, nice!

I’m using Vista by the way, and never had any problems whatsoever :blink:

winxp vista linux osx
all bootable from one intel x86

linux & osx and intresting, but i don’t feel comfy with’em for daily use
winxp is the way to go for maximum compatibility and options
will keep it that way until there’s no way around vista anymore

four words are reason enough: Windows Vista Content Protection

You can disable that…

are you really sure you know what it is?
i guess you’re confusing it with UAC (User Account Control).
if you have the time, take a read here

yeah i have been fascinated with Linux for a while now,esp ubuntu,let me know how it goes :P

this drives me into a loop!

they expect monetary gain from the users they are making it harder on.
i feel so sorry for those people that choose their lifes path to work in such a convoluted system.
i understood why so many propriatary systems geeks are bitter, but i never saw the actual_depth_of it.

Ubuntu works fine with Renoise, for me it worked fine with everything. I downloaded the latest version and did the suggested updates, then I went to Synaptic and went to Universe/Multiverse, finding Ubuntu Studio (checking the ALSA support and the Music packages), that installed the real time kernel for me and everything just works. I’m still seeing about Rosegarden and Ardour, syncing programs, etc. Hydrogen, Beast and ZynAddSubFx Soft Synths are neat.

Yeah, I am using Linux now, with XP on another drive incase things go tits up and I cant do what I want to do with it (I have some laptop hard ware issues at the moment with it all, but that is not related to the OS)

I really like Ubuntu, and Linux in general.

I have a million questions about it all though, and I am sure people are getting sick of me asking, so if anyone wants to hook up on MSN/AIM for a knowledge session (even if you are a total beginner like me, we can learn together), just hit me up.

I am looking at you, crytek!

If it’s non-Renoise specific (at least not in depth Renoise) linux stuff, I can probably help. I believe my AIM/MSN names are in my card thing.