Overhaul of Renoise instruments mod in simple way

Hi,

the renoise instruments modulation is very limited, when it comes to basic or a bit advanced synthesis standards. I would like to suggest the following improvements:

• Multiple slots per sample in parallel

• Slot can receive another slot, serial routing

• there could be a “global slot”, in which you put the meta devices in, so it is not osc level anymore

• All meta devices should be usable in the modulation slots / global slot, and be able to target any parameter in the modulation slot. For every parameter there is another translation curve, so the current logic does not work at all.

For instance, velocity should be able to control various parameters, like filter decay, cutoff, volume attack/decay, etc. Or imagine the velocity being able to modulate the lfo phase and sample start offset

• A proper adshr device, including curve per parameter (from log to exp). A curve is essential e.g. for proper analog sounding presets

• ALL filters from all filter devices, including oversampling

• The old filters back, too

• One very smooth, non destorting, self oscillating 2p/4p general digital filter (do you know octamed on pc?)

• Support for midi key up / release

• Basic extra math device in the modulation slot, so you could do xxx*x or log(x), etc.

• Some flexible distortion device on osc level, pre or post filter.

• At least 32 meta parameters

Thanks for consideration.

• The math device should be able to do random.

Multiple slots per sample in parallel

What do you mean by slot? If we’re talking about modulation, I’m not sure what you mean. Thinking about volume, panning, and pitch – multiple devices can modify those values, but the end result is that there can only be one value for each at a point in time.

What do you mean by slot? If we’re talking about modulation, I’m not sure what you mean. Thinking about volume, panning, and pitch – multiple devices can modify those values, but the end result is that there can only be one value for each at a point in time.

So one sample can route into multiple modulation slots, and each modulation slot can do independent things, and the output will be parallel. Just like you would use 2 filters in parallel, or make unison from one and the same sample.

So one sample can route into multiple modulation slots, and each modulation slot can do independent things, and the output will be parallel. Just like you would use 2 filters in parallel, or make unison from one and the same sample.

You can make a copy of sample - i.e load the same sample twice. 1st sample assign mod set 01, 2d sample assign mod set 02 - for example.

You can make a copy of sample - i.e load the same sample twice. 1st sample assign mod set 01, 2d sample assign mod set 02 - for example.

That will soon turn into a visual and workflow mess, e.g. making 5 times unison of a waveform sampled at 8 octaves.