One thing that would give huge boost to the usefulness of Renoise DSP chains: Parallel send devices.
It consists of two DSP devices: Parallel Send and Parallel Return device:
- Send only has two sliders: 1. Send amount; 2. Through amount.
- Return has selection dropdown which lets user select which send to receive from
- Return has two sliders, 1. Return amount; 2. Through amount.
- Several returns can connect to single send.
- Send device has to be in the same chain as return device.
- Send device has to be before the return device in DSP chain.
Here is JS prototype to demonstrate the functionality:
http://clysuva.com/stuff/parallelSendDemo.html (needless to say, it may not work with every browser).
A simpler design is:
- Send device has only “Send amount” & maybe “Pan” sliders.
- Send always is 100% through.
- Return only has input dropdown.
- It always is 100% through.
- All other level adjustments can be performed with added gainer devices.