2. Show selected track’s spectrum
  3. Show spectrums of selected track and master channel
  • infinity

+1

bump

+1 Here as well, awesome idea.

+1

+1

Especially for use in mixing bass/drums like Ledger pointed out.

Also, would be handy to be able to:

Change the decay
Set the peak freeze delay/on/off/permanent
Adjust the thickness of the lines / filled/unfilled

Great idea!

I agree with this too. Great idea.

I would love to know that I can rely 100% on the built in scopes. They seem to have got better, but I am still not sure about them.

Any improvements like this from me are very welcome.

This sounds awesome!

It’d also be nice to adjust the scale, FFT, etc of the spectrum analyzer as well.

+1

+1 as well as for “colour-coded elements from the individual tracks” (quoted from original poster). Every time I overhaul my workflow, this type of needed metering pops up.

If cpu is a problem, then limit the amount of tracks that can be displayed ? and as vV pointed out, a snapshot at a particular point in time would be great to see options that in my humble opinion, is not always possible with hearing something.

Example: a slightly filtered square wave kick at an absolute length of 0.8100 seconds, 35721 samples, 3/16th notes, morphing into an FM based kick. What type of snare will I build now ? …Oh look, I have some spectral space that’s a perfect fit for that spectral snapshot I took of that metal truck that Batman pulled upside down with his Batpod. Maybe I will compose a short a nondestructive clip based on that.

It paves a different workflow for the user to walk on. The user can stay in Wonderland, or see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

++++1

I’m considering on getting Gliss EQ. I already have Schope (Stillwell) and Span, but because Renoise can’t receive, the routing functions that Schope and Span offers becomes somewhat not useable. I don’t want to duplicate the tracks then pan them just to see multi-track spectrums either.

I’m curious about setting Gliss EQ with Renoise. From what I understand, a user can send each spectral instance to another instance, and doesn’t rely on the host for routing ? I tried Multi Inspector (Vertex DSP) back then, and it too works per instance.

Nice to see that my idea has been used in the new release. :)

You can ask for 20% of the profit now, right?

I don’t see why not.