Patchname Management For Hw Synth

I’ve been using Cubase for years, but I don’t really want to pay for that upgrade. Besides, I come from the tracking 'scene well before that anyhow. So I’m evaluating Renoise to see if it fits my needs. I can, of course, map my synth (a Roland XP-30): I can control Renoise with the synth and I can control the synth with Renoise. But if you’re familiar with the XP-30 (or its cousins), it has several expansion cards with loads of patches. So the traditional bank/patch method is very cumbersome, at best.

Cubase has a patch name management system in which you define the synth and its patches with a configuration file and then you are able to select the patches by name from pull-down menus. Considering I have 8 Massive sets, each with about 225 patches, this is quite useful.

I’m wondering if there is a way to do this in Renoise, or at least if there is some VST or external software that can interface with Renoise specifically for this purpose. Does anyone have any ideas or possible solutions? I would greatly appreciate it.

I really do like Renoise far better than Cubase for my purposes - assuming I can use my synth flawlessly.

Thanks in advanced.