Phrase Editor

Hi,

why not add sample column in the phrase editor (like instrument column in track editor) where you can program wich sample is played for each row?

well you can, use keyzones and octave up and down, you can program even for example oneshot drumkit and bassline in one phrase

phrases is stored within instrument (xrni) it would be odd if an instrument had stored another instrument, yo dawg…

I don’t mean this, I want to emulate korg wavestation sounds, with all sample assigned to full keyrange, but I want that if I play a chord, you ear a sample at a time, just like in wavesequencing. (sorry but I can’t attach an xrns or zipexample file, dou you know why?)

Look at this example:

why not add sample column in the phrase editor (like instrument column in track editor) where you can program wich sample is played for each row?

I like the idea but would I think having sample numbers would be confusing. Looking a bit too much like instrument numbers :slight_smile:

I’d prefer if phrases instead had the (optional) ability to lock to a specific sample per note column - independently of the keyzone
That would make it really easy to have a visual overview when programming beats, too.

Of course, the downside to this approach would be the limitation we have on the number of columns that can be created (12). Playing a chord with the same sample would become quite tricky then - maybe the sample number approach isn’t so bad after all :smiley:

Edit: oh, and I thought that wavestation did sound familiar. You suggested an “enhanced cycle mode” a while back
That has some promise too, depending on whether you want total control or live performance abilities…

I don’t mean this, I want to emulate korg wavestation sounds, with all sample assigned to full keyrange, but I want that if I play a chord, you ear a sample at a time, just like in wavesequencing. (sorry but I can’t attach an xrns or zipexample file, dou you know why?)

Look at this.

I use midi yoke as midi master on the 1st inst and slaves the others 3.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7n-Pv-HgYHOR0g4YXNXM0JydGc/edit?usp=sharing

Midi yoke

http://www.midiox.com/

if i get you right then there i made quick example from your samples, you can get full keyrange for each sample by changing basenote for sample in keyzones so you can have like bass + lead + drums in 1 phrase

Your example is very good, but I don’t mean like that! If you have the opportunity try a real korg wavestation, or korg wavestation vst! thanks