Phrase problem

Hi

Not sure if this is beginner error, but when I have a simple phrase triggered at 00 it plays for the duration of the pattern, but when the pattern loops round the note at the top stops the phrase playing. Equally when I have a chord where the 2nd note is offset by a line or 2, the 2nd note gets cutoff.

Am I doing something wrong? I could have sworn this was working fine before.

thanks

Renoise 3.0.1 OSX 10.10.2

Is the instrument in hold mode?

Am I doing something wrong? I could have sworn this was working fine before.

Could you upload a simple XRNS song which clearly demonstrates the problem?

That’s usually the fastest way for us to debug things :slight_smile:

Hi, sure I meant to do that, only I couldn’t figure out how to attach. Well now I do!

This is the simplest example - the note holds for the pattern cycle then resets when it wraps around, playing what appears to be the 2nd note in the phrase

Thanks

Hmm. Your XRNS appears to be playing quite normally here in 3.0.1 on Windows 7 (Will have to test on OS X a bit later)

Here’s a quick render. I’ve added the metronome to clearly hear when each bar is starting, when the phrase starts/repeats.

5566 phrase_off_problem.mp3

As far as I can tell, the phrase is playing normally.

Do you hear something different to this?

Hmm. Your XRNS appears to be playing quite normally here in 3.0.1 on Windows 7 (Will have to test on OS X a bit later)

Here’s a quick render. I’ve added the metronome to clearly hear when each bar is starting, when the phrase starts/repeats.

attachicon.gifphrase_off_problem.mp3

As far as I can tell, the phrase is playing normally.

Do you hear something different to this?

I do yes

5567 Phrase_off_problem2.mp3

thing is it was working fine, would installing a tool corrupt anything?.. would reinstalling or trashing prefs help?

Phrase_off_problem2.mp3

How bizarre!

would installing a tool corrupt anything?.. would reinstalling or trashing prefs help?

If you have any tools that mess with pattern data, song playback, note behaviour, phrases, etc., then definitely try disabling those first.

It almost sounds like the phrase is being completely disabled when the pattern wraps. A tool could certainly be a culprit for such behaviour.

Plays normal here, too. Mac OSX 10.9.4, Renoise 3.01.

How bizarre!

If you have any tools that mess with pattern data, song playback, note behaviour, phrases, etc., then definitely try disabling those first.

It almost sounds like the phrase is being completely disabled when the pattern wraps. A tool could certainly be a culprit for such behaviour.

Found it! Noodletrap seems to be doing it. Not sure what settings are required to ignore normal phrase usage - I only installed the tool as it looked interesting but I’m not sure what it actually does! I’ll disable it for now until I have proper time to work it out.

Sorry for the dramas :blush:

Thanks for help everyone

Ah, Noodletrap again. Ehem…

This tool need an updated, it’s quite useful but also not without its issues :blush:

I’ve learned that the closer you integrate a tool into the Renoise workflow, the harder it is to foresee these situations