Piano roll...Muahahahahua

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying. I hope you eventually get the things you’re looking for, genuinely, I do.

Personal accusations? You’re even more moronic than I thought. Personal accusations are YOUR business. Read this thread, maybe you get enlightened about my statements, which is my opinion. And I always said it’s my opinion, no more and no less. You could never change it, because YOU’RE the one without arguments.

I don’t need to prove anything to a piano troll. Recreate it yourself! I’m sure you’ve got time left…

Ah, here we go! It didn’t take long… Is this another personal accusation? Of course it is! That’s all you have to say in this forum. Screaming for a piano roll for years, insulting people, behaving like a bitch. Expect resistance and maybe look in the mirror before you start spitting. You’re not worth my time. I’m pretty sure you don’t even make music.

There are options! As I told you before, grab a piano roll DAW, be happy and shut the fuck up. Nobody forces you to use Renoise or any other tracker.

Of course you are. Bla bla bla. Until next time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

cough
I’ll be stubborn but, I want to try to recreate a “perfect” 303 emulation in Renoise (if necessary with external but free plugins, so that anyone can have access to it, also why spend to build an emulation… lol. . you buy it ready). I have been able to create something similar for some time, but we are talking about a generic acid sound. I believe that with a little effort it is possible, even if I certainly won’t achieve that result on my own because I haven’t understood how to replicate some very technical details (and maybe it can’t be done), but I’m studying to be able to do as much as possible and in the meantime I’m designing the project, to see if it makes sense and if everything adds up.

1. I’ll use some analog / virtual analog waveforms ( Renoise’s waves are digital/clean I think.)

2. I know the TB-303 gives you the option to choose between Saw and Square, but there doesn’t seem to be a control to mix the two shapes, right? These are additions subsequent VSTs. So I thought of loading a Saw wave and a Square wave together, using the phrases to choose when to use one wave and when to use the other (00 Saw - 01 Square) so as not to take up knobs.

3. the Tuning control is a joke, already done.

4. LP Diode, I know the 303 has a cut of -18dB per octave, how can I achieve this feature - if it is possible to achieve it?

5. Distortion. Let’s talk about that for a second… I don’t see any distortion controls on the 303, but there is built-in distortion, right? Because if I apply a Diode LP and I play with Cut and Res, without any distortion…what the hell is that? Not even remotely… When you increase the distortion (integrated into the filter) the sound begins to be recognisable… So to reflect this aspect of the original product, what should I do? How much distortion should I put in? Should I leave it without the knobs attached so that it’s “uncontrollable”? I know that in addition in the effects chain there is a specific pedal that made the 303 sound famous, or at least a particular kind of distortion, the RAT, I found a pedal from Nembrini Audio which is exactly that.

6. The sequencer, the option of exploiting the phrases seems obvious to me, I found a video by Composing Gloves that shows how to make Slides in Renoise using the tracker commands, the accent can be generated with an automation programmed on the single step, I think it’s exactly like turning on the Accent light on a nice VST (as long as the Accent control is mapped correctly and I still have to work on this a bit)… what else is missing…? What do you do in those damn built-in sequencers? Ah, we don’t have (I think) the possibility of making the Sequencer go backwards or in ping pong like for the loop modes… We’ll make do with our imagination by reversing the sequences… what else can contribute? a particular eq curve? Reverb? One thing I noticed, for example listening to Underdog Music’s acid (he usually uses Phoscyon 2) when he plays with the cutoff, with the resonance set to maximum (or almost, in short, as long as it is pleasant for the ear) yes it forms a particular beautiful, brilliant “ring”, it hits you right in the brain… So I tried with the EQ to create an additional “resonance” in the acid area, it certainly gave some delicious air to the sound but no , I didn’t get that ring I was looking for… They probably sell that to you with Phoscyon haha, or they will have used post production techniques without then revealing them, and so I could actually get to that result, but I don’t know how. Hell, ignore me. I’ll reread this in a couple of hours and decide if I’m a genius or an idiot.

Why do you always have to be so toxic?

1 Like

I HATE THAT WORD.

This thread should be renamed in “Chit Chat” or something like that.

@slujr is the man when it comes to native sound creations, and he already created an “Acid” instrument. Maybe it inspires you somehow, and I’m pretty sure in case of questions Mr. Zensphere will gladly help. Btw, I think despite your current “studio” you’re doing well. You can handle several DAWs, you design sounds, you probably also create music, you’re interested and seemingly open minded but also critical, which is good. You really need a proper computer, and a desk of course. :wink:

Always? He’s the toxic one. What I’ve responded had to be said exactly this way, I’m sorry about that. After years I cannot tolerate his outrageous way to communicate and his common behavior of complete ignorance in terms of what was written anymore. And it’s just annoying that he continues to repeat what already has been said a million times. But you’re absolutely right, it’s probably the best to ignore instead of reacting this way…

1 Like

He used it,you used it and when i clicked the link i saw it again.I can’t escape that word.

1 Like

No hard feelings. I’ve just noticed that you are easily triggered by discussions about piano roll. The reason for me noticing, is that I am one of the very few who really think a piano roll view of a track would be very useful natively in Renoise. Therefore I tend to read posts about it. And you are always there hating (again, no hard feelings). Just because you don’t see the benefits does not make it okay to tell people who do, to fuck off.
I have come to peace with it never happening. @toimp have covered all the bases with his marvellous tool. I just wish @taktik would see the potential of it. And implement it in a neat way. So it did not have to be a “sandbox”. Everything sandboxed breaks the oh so wonderful workflow of Renoise.

3 Likes

TWO IN A ROW.

Starting to think ToybOx and TNT are the same person…

1 Like

By the way

3 Likes

Sorry but if i was a dictator,i would immediately liquidate any citizens using any buzzwords like toxic or haters.

And i would have their remains pumped in to the sewers.

3 Likes

I continue with my monologues to ease the tension and try to distract you… I discovered another bizarre way of managing the accent, the Exx command (Envelope, I imagine…?), I set an average value for the entire sequence (50 ) and where there is an accent it is 00, the bizarre thing is that in hardware, opening the accent involves an opening of the filter, the volume and a reduction of the decay, while E00 does nothing but lengthen the decay without acting on filter and volume (i think) yet the perceived effect is quite similar lol

That’s not the whole truth. You know, I’m not against piano roll in general. Of course it makes sense, too, that’s what I always said, just like right here in this thread above. But that was never the question in this forum. It was always about implementing a piano roll in Renoise, and I’m one of those who said it doesn’t make sense because it’s a different concept. But I also said that I’m ok with implementing an optional piano roll if it doesn’t affect anything else. The resources are limited and a piano roll is the least important, especially in a tracker. But at this point it’s maybe not the worst idea to check if one of the tools could be implemented as an optional “native” piano roll without wasting resources. Personally I will never understand why someone would like to have a piano roll in a tracker, there’s a reason why there are different concepts and different DAWs. And yes, I truly HATE working with a piano roll, but of course everybody should work the preferred way. Tracker, piano roll, hardware, whatever. It’s just annoying if someone demands a piano roll in a tracker for years on repeat in a “special way” in terms of communication in every aspect (including insults), and that’s the reason for all these unnecessary discussions. No offence. I hope we will never talk about piano rolls again. Post music instead. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You wouldn’t get it…

a visual aid would help. like when i put D00 on a track and have no idea what the original value was cuz its was way up. a line that goes across a piano would be a cool graphic, even if it only popped up as a little illustration after ur cersor is on the value for a few moments. but that would take up CPU so actually i never want it added, no piano roll ever. renoise is so sharp because it has no piano roll giving it CPU-fog

edit: so maybe 3040 renoise can have a piano roll when computers are powered by currently unknown elements that we’ll find in other galaxies

Y’all need to give up on this topic and go have intercourse.

2 Likes

@error.eyes
Believe me, if I were one of those people who had the opportunity to do it, no one would see me here ahahahah… music is my sex… and discussions with other musicians (or music programmers etc…) are my arguments as a couple ahahaha, maybe it’s the same for someone else too

What if we all get naked and stare at each other’s hex numbers?

That would be nicer than reading essays about piano rolls.

:notes: “I put a hex on uuuuuuuu… coz u’r miiiiiine…” :notes: