Please add VST3 support

This is also what I understood. :slight_smile:

I want to use the Roland Cloud instruments.

so… any chance for a functional wrapper to use this one in renoise ? (or VST3 instr. in general that is)
https://www.thewavewarden.com/odin2

it’s the pick for this OSC round and the dev is not allowed to publish it as a vst2 instrument as steinberg prohibits that for “new” devs.

so yeah… it might meanwhile become quite handy to have VST3 support at times. i guess we’re still somewhat in a transition phase between VST2 and VST3, but EOL is closing in.

2 Likes

+1.

I guess VST3 support will come with the next release
Odin sounds great. Did you try the presets that where uploaded to kvr?

The dev comes from Karlsruhe (like me). That was quite a surprise :slight_smile:

oh, the karlsruhe connection ^_- maybe u can make friends with him and obtain the VST2 version of odin? :wink: (which exists as he mentioned @kvr, but he’s not allowed to release)
at least i found a way to use it in renoise thanks to a tip on the KVR forums:

“Element”, a vst2 plugin which can be used as a vst3 wrapper.
a free version can be obtained here, if interested:

it seems to create some overhead as it seems, as a single sawtooth osc was already hovering at around 6-7% of CPU :hushed:

automation only works when the desired params are midi mapped in element beforehand.
saving and remembering settings when loading the xrns also seem to work OK.

i’m also hoping for native VST3 support with the next release… this is certainly not the ideal use case, but for the moment it might just do the trick.

2 Likes

I’m on Linux, so that wrapper doesn’t work.

There are so many synths meanwhile for Linux it will take me years to learn them. Zebra for example is crazy. I think I have to take sone time regularly to do some sound design. I’m getting a bit bored of switching through and modifying presets.

I use Linux, (Debian Buster 10.3) and am a member of the Surge Synth Team, primarily as a tester for their Linux builds

There have been some major developments with respect to VST3 and Linux. Currently Reaper, Bitwig 3.2, Carla 2.2 and now Qtractor (still experimental) support VST3

JUCE6 has resolved the runloop issue with Linux and now it’s quite easy to build VST3 instruments using their framework. JUCE6 has yet to be released however the Surge Synth Team has built VST3 versions of the SurgeEffectsRack and the Tuning Workbench Synth for Linux using JUCE6. Surge will also be deprecating VST2 support as of the next release version 1.7

Once JUCE6 is released Waveform and Radium will add VST3 support in short notice.

Currently in Linux there are u-he synths, Auburn Sounds plugins, ryukau/VSTPlugins (at github), mda plugins and SST’s Surge Synth, SurgeEffectsRack and the Tuning Workbench that exist in VST3 format

I managed to build OB-Xd as a VST3 and it loads and works in Reaper, Bitwig 3.2 and Carla 2.2

All that to encourage Renoise to add VST3 support for all platforms, Windows, OSX and Linux

My question(s), is their a time frame to add VST3 support for Renoise? And if so when can we expect this addition?

I love surge, i saw the effects in bitwig. As far as i know where the effects build vor vcvrack but i used them in bitwig…

I think tactic has mentioned that VST3 support is being worked on. I imagine it would be the main feature of Renoise 3.3

4 Likes

sounds fair enough. i just started a new renoise track and tried to implement the tape-cassette 2 plugin in the master.
first time i even realised that renoise doesn not support vst3 hahaha

well, its done when its done. and
keep on truckin, taktik. ;D

That’s interesting! I built surge myself to get the vst2 version, and now Odin is open source I might have a go at doing the same. I actually have permission to distribute vst2 plugins from Steinberg, so if I do get around to it, and the Odin2 author doesn’t mind, I’ll post back here.

If anyone’s interested, I made a VST2 build of Odin2 synth and popped it up here:

8 Likes

Bump , more and more plugins from new developers are vst 3 only becasue they can’t obtain a vst 2 license from steinberg anymore
Plasmonic from rhizomatic software ( the guy that coded native instruments absynth ) has just been released and it’s awesommooohh , but vst 3 only
SO c,mon , let’s make renoise vst 3 capable

Doesn’t show up in renoise

Radium supports VST3 already for quite a while… :wink:

Oh, that’s odd, I’m using it in renoise myself

It just doen’t show up , and not only in renoise ,also reaper , loomer architect in which I can just drag drop a vst dll onto the mixer .
No luck ’
Win 10 , 64 bit

Weird! I checked on my other PC and it’s good here too. Both win 10 64 bit. Sorry about that :man_shrugging:

It also makes my eyes bleed.