please change the track scopes to level meters

i think the track scopes are really useless (the stereo scopes too but it’s not so important).
i think track level meters are really more useful for showing the peak level of every track!!!

cheers

I dont think so.
As soon as you are used to how a sound “looks like” in the scopes you can identify the sound by seeing them. This is important as you only see a fragment of the song in the patterneditor but always see the whole song via the scopes.

I am used to recognize a Bdrum + bass combination that “works” by looking at scopes! :o
Plus I look to scopes to find out how the Bdrum+bass is mixing with the other waves…

i think this is another old tracker users love ;) - looking wave scopes ;) … but level-meters are really more useful for arranging the track volumes … the DeClipper option in the master-track are really usefull but i need to see the the level(-overflow) of each track … maybe a suggestion for the future :) coz single level meters are a basic feature of every audio-track-based software

I don’t see why one option would rule the other one out?.. :unsure:

I think such meters should be a part of the mixer, when that is implemented some releases from now. After all, if the goal is to use them for level adjustments between tracks, that’s what a mixer is for :)

Eventually, there might be a level bar on one side of each trackscope, combining both.

of course a mixer with lever meters - a great thing

ok the problem that i have:

when i use the declipper function the resulting tracks are too powerful or they are changed in sound dynamics … i need a clean undeclipped sound!

if i switch off the declipper and the AD (auto decrease master vol) function is on … i need a long time to arrange the volumes - switching from instruments settings to track settings and change the volume of each instrument/track. it’s really annoying that i must use the AD function to avoid any clipping without the use of the master declipper … the continuous decreasing (AD) of the volume makes it impossible to get a constant sound feeling for mixing.
but without the AD function not every clipping is audible - if i could see lever-meters and the peaks i would’nt use the AD function and i could work more visuell in mixing …

i hope anybody understand what i want to say!? :blink:

i’m not quite sure what your problem is but if you need clipping alarm on the master without automatic gain reduction you could check out inspector from http://www.elementalaudio.com/ its free and quite handy.

yes I perfectly understand what you mean alex, level meters on every track would be realy handy. I realy looking forward to that mixer that martinal is talking about… but I still want to keep the scopes, so I agree with johan ;)

I need a phase scope.