Plugins Delay Compensation?

Hi,

Can we expect to have plugins delay compensation in a near futur? Pleaseeee its VERY important!!!
I’ v tried reaper , a tiny seq of 2 MO who cost 40$ and it work very well here, no delay at all :w00t:

It is so hard to implement??? maybe you can ask Justin (reaper coder) how to do this???

plugins delay compensation

Please, thx.

hello,
do you ve thought about this a bit? because i guess the host needs latency-related information.
these informations varies depending on users setting. this concerns most plugins nowadays.
but now the funpart, there are only a few plugs around where the latency (-info) is fixed.
the host has to measure the latency in (nearly) realtime. thats quite a bit cpu-intensive.

you could try to set a kind of a fixed latency profile for every loaded vst and than manually set the pdc for each channel. (-> like in FL 6).
but imo to much hassle for an easy task that could be done with some [ctrl]+[shift]+[alt]+[R] and a little cut. people like me would prefer this way cause i think i need my few cpu-cycles for other things (than pdc). ^_~
yea, i know there are situations where the rendering-method isnt the best solution.
but dont worry i bet there will be an alternative in the near future. its renoise.

PDC has been requested many times already, and it probably will be until implemented. All I can say is… patience.
In the mean time you could render separate tracks and mix them in Reaper, if you need PDC. Versions up to 0.999 are free.

I don’t think most (99%+) of users would care about the eventual extra CPU usage. It’s OK in other hosts, probably it’s not even noticed.
The FL way is not nice, IMO. Automatic PDC is waaaay nicer, and that’s what we want. :)