Poweruser.cfg

I think having a config file in the renoise install path may be a good idea for those options that are only really useful to a select few power users, and will most likely only be set once, then forgotten about.

What do you guys think?

I would tend to agree.

Sounds good to me.

Yes please. Would this be something saveable and tradeable? As in: “Hey guize! Here’s my 1337 config! Chk it owt!” ;)

actually…

“those options that are only really useful to a select few power users” Like What?

Scripting?

If we can’t give you what you want, do it by your own, or get someone who does it ;)

Well probably not only to powerusers… but I was thinking, there are an aweful lot of requests for ui tweaks and such… and in the case of something like the Signal Follower, where there’s restrictions (for good reason) on the direction it can be used in due to the way things are processed, that restriction could be disabled in a config file. I also know there’s the occasional “hidden feature” that gets disabled during alpha testing and such. Might be nice to have these as poweruser options under the knowledge that they might break things.

… plus, it would just clear up the config screen. Might give a nice searchable overview of things like key mapping as well.

Well I want this too :P … I’m just a bratty user taktik… never happy for what I’ve been given xD

… if I can change how my Signal Following device acts via scripting, I’ll be a happy camper :P

This is about the signal following device still? Just shut the fuck up, man. Seriously. You in general, and your nonstop bitching in particular is one reason I stopped visiting these forums, and why I’ve begun to have a dislike for the people who use Renoise. All you do is whine.

Not completely their fault… Beta time also allow users to give their feedback how to polish up the current options that are already embedded and what is still lacking.
In the past options have been changed or added if the changes didn’t required massive effort develop-wise.
So folks just keep on pushing until the release turns “Final” and then folks start to be the friendly helpful community again it was.
(well they still are, but currently too busy with bitchin around the Beta)

friction :eek:

can’t we all just get along 2.5 is fucking here!!!

I think we should release 2.6 very soon after 2.5 went final…

so… what are you doing now? admid… you can’t resist can you?

Visiting renoise forums can improve the music application, I’ve heard.

Nice to know I’m loved. Any particular incidents which especially got under your skin? I’d love to discuss it over tea. Lets say, my house at 5pm?

See you there! :D

Gripz, I have to hand it to you. I do complain a lot… and non-constructively too. I never go into detail regarding potential solutions to problems I see.

Aw, what a cute little troll! :D

Thanks. I named him SHYTE-Basher, after my favourite Renoise forum troll :)

Aw… that’s nice of you. I’m sure SHYTE-Basher is proud you named a fluffy haired troll after him :)

I’M SICK AND TIRED OF YOU PEOPLE ALWAYS COMPLAINING. STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE OR I’M GOING TO HAVE TO COMMIT SUICIDE TO AVOID READING YOUR WHINY POSTS!!!

if scripting comes,what language will it be???