Quality of rendered songs

Wrong. My other artist name had kid in it, actually.

I don’t necessarily. I also don’t think it’s a very bad word though?

That’s true!
It was more the conclusion of me, realizing that since kolacell last posted there was just a lot of speculation.

I’m also kind of encouraging other people to not start a flame war before OP gets to read all the great comments.

Well I’m still gonna. Great that you’re getting points.

Wow, that must have taken some time. Mad props :yeah:/>

Even though 96Hz is very high, the good thing such a setting is that most transcoding software (you know, stuff that converts your file into another format - such as when you upload to soundcloud) will most likely be able to do a better job.
And of course, the converted version will never sound good if the original didn’t - so, it’s great if you have found some setting that you are happy about.

Apropos the -6dB headroom and human perception - a lot of people tend to turn of the screen when doing intense listening. Or - alternatively - inspect the frequencies without hearing the actual sound.
Seems that even a little VU meter flashing before one’s eyes can somehow interfere with our listening experience.

I just had the same when doing post production in audition, track with lots of bass, couldn’t get it to sound clean. Guess what, just import-normalize-export to flac and playback in foobar/vlc sounded great! Crazy?

I just set the default track headroom to 0db, which in renoise 3 you do via Options->Playback & Compatibility Options… I can manage levels and headroom fine, Renoise changing things on me just gets in the way.