Question About Exporting Stems

So I’m putting the finishing touches on a track (first complete track in Renoise woot woot!) I’ve been working on in preparation for mixing, and when it comes time to mix down I’m planning on exporting the stems to use in Logic, simply because it has native plugins that I don’t have an AU or VST equivalent for to use in Renoise. (Also I like to have a different aesthetic environment to get different perspectives on my track but that’s just a philosophy really :P) My question is how does the program handle the send tracks when exporting stems? Does it render them as their own specific tracks, or do they act as returns to the tracks that are sending audio to them? Or is it something completely different?

Why don’t you try it and see for yourself?

I believe you will get a separate track for each anyway.

seperate tracks. but you could render the sends on their own and then add them into the tracks the came from as long samples and re-render if thats what you want?

Thanks, that’s all I needed to know. I’d have tried it before but my production computer’s horrible HD is in the middle of being scanned and defragged, so it’s out of commission for the better part of a day or two :wacko:

Anyway… if you’re using compression or anything that will act different on different input, don’t export the feeding tracks separately. Everything that is sent to one specific send track should be exported as one stem in that case.