Question For Harcore Users

So.

I really hope that somebody can help me to solve this problem.

I’ve started a new project in Renoise, cause its very fast and useful software, and I can use it my workplace :D
I have made an almost complete song, and my problem is that the drums are made from samples, in different sample points. (sample numbers, so every hit is a single instrument in renoise.)

Is there any way to convert the samples to ONE instrument, and replace the notes automaticly?

Example.

Kickdrum on instrument slot one, hihat on 2, snare on 3.
The drum :

C-4 00

C-4 01

C-4 02

And there would be very useful for me to convert them to this :

C-4 00

C#4 00

D-4 00

I want to “remake” or “tranfer” this track to Pro Tools, and want to use real samplers.

Could somebody help me? It woul be a pain to change the score note by note…

Think you’re out of luck on this one. As far as i know you would have to Import the samples into one single instrument and go to instrument editor, choose “choose generate drumkit” and then plot in the samples in the pattern instrument. Don’t think there’s and automatic way. Maybe the beta has some new supertrick if you’re lucky :)

Think you’re out of luck on this one. As far as i know you would have to Import the samples into one single instrument and go to instrument editor, choose “choose generate drumkit” and then plot in the samples in the pattern instrument. Don’t think there’s and automatic way. Maybe the beta has some new supertrick if you’re lucky :)

Could be done with a tool fairly easily, or offline editing is probably how I’d do it as I haven’t yet looked into scripting.

In Disk Op go to load Samples. Navigate to where you Song is and click the little + sign to display samples used. Load them all into one Intrument (or you could move them from within Renoise but I think this would be quicker.)

Next rename the song file (probably worth making a copy) extension to .zip and uncompress. Open the Song.xml (I think it’s called) in a editor and use the Find and Replace function to change note entries from the old Instruments’ C4 to the new Instrument note values.

Resave, compress and zip and rename to .xrns.

Unless anybody has any other ideas…

Havent tried this tool myself but I think it will do exactly what you want: http://tools.renoise.com/tools/find-replace-pattern

You make a beat with all the drumsounds, in the order you want them on the keyboard. Then you bounce that to a sample (or loop). Then you slice that loop. Voila.

This is what I need!!!
Thank you very much!