Question regarding xrns format

Hello. I’m new using Renoise.

I heard that the xrns modules has based on xml files, but I can see that they are encrypted in binary format.

Could you please tell me if there is a way to import a plain XML file into Renoise.

I’m intrested in generate some XML files using C#, but I don’t know how to read them from Renoise.

Thanks in advance.

You are unzipping the XRNS file contents? The XRNS file is not encrypted. The XRNS is compressed using ZIP. Imagine the extension of the XRNS as ‘MySongblahblah.xrns.zip’ Once you run your XRNS file through a ZIP decompressor you should find the Song.xml file and the sampledata directories :)

That’s great! I did’nt know that.
Thanks a lot for your answer 4Tey.

Cheers.

Further hint if you want to parse stuff, not only generate it: There’s a ‘Schemas’ subdirectory in the Renoise directory. (Of course it’s also useful for generation.)

Great, that wil be very usefull.
Thanks for the information f+d+k.

Cheers.

by the way, have you read that there is a way to write tools which run inside Renoise?

this way, you could work with songs directly when loaded in Renoise

creating a tool is the most encouraged way to work with songs, for many reasons, one of which is that tools are platform-independent

Hi.
Yes, you’re right about that working with tools should give you the benefit of run the logic inside the Renoise context,
and I guess that making a tool could be the best choice to work, but I’m not familiarized with Lua.
On the other hand, I have some experience working with C# and it’s true that .Net put really simple the XML serialization
of object structures.

It’s great that this xrns format is open. It gives the developers so much posibilities to work generatig music, chord progressions and stuff.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the tip It-Alien, and thanks to you guys for the hints too.
I really appreciate your help.