Real Sidechaining

Try using a signal follower-gate(duck) at higher ticks-per-second, like 16tpl 16lpb 130bpm, not quite what compression purist are looking for, but still.

Thanks for the tips.

I just came across this video, isn’t this gross beat thingy exactly the same technique you can use in Renoise with the key tracker and custom LFO?

Thought it was a bit funny that this fruity loops guru seems to prefer our native method. :wink:

+1 to audio routing between plugins

+1

Bumping because this is seriously needed.

this should probably be re-named plugin audio routing… because side-chaining is only one application of it, and as you can see, people say “you can already do this with signal follower”

routing audio to plugin inputs would be really awesome :slight_smile:

Well, don’t want to repeat questions, but isn’t multiple input/output handling already possible with vst 2.4? A side chain compressor doesn’t simply use 4 inputs for that purpose? Only used side chaining in Logic, never in Cubase so far… E.g. waves doesn’t support vst3 and supports side chaining…

If those devices with more than 2 inputs would appear in the send device’s target list (after taking care of linear order of course), that would be maybe the most simple solution.

I just want a “recieve device”, one that you can put anywhere and route your sends to.

1 Like

Well, don’t want to repeat questions, but isn’t multiple input/output handling already possible with vst 2.4? A side chain compressor doesn’t simply use 4 inputs for that purpose? Only used side chaining in Logic, never in Cubase so far… E.g. waves doesn’t support vst3 and supports side chaining…

If those devices with more than 2 inputs would appear in the send device’s target list (after taking care of linear order of course), that would be maybe the most simple solution.

both audio unit and vst support multiple inputs / sidechaining

hey pat, “side chaining” was some “major new feature” introduced in vst3 in comparison to vst2.4. That’s why I asked. But seems to be rubbish, since chaining seems to work already in vst2.4.

this should probably be re-named plugin audio routing… because side-chaining is only one application of it, and as you can see, people say “you can already do this with signal follower”

routing audio to plugin inputs would be really awesome :slight_smile:

Yes and bump.

That Jurek, sounds like the coolest and best way to do it!!

Is this looking likely for the next 3.1 version? My Bidule plugin only has one pair of outputs (capable of up to 8in / 32out I think)

cheers

^ that is doubtable, maybe 3.2

Relatedly, some maybe unaware but this is how you check if a plugin supports more than stereo inputs directly in renoise, i.e. more than 2 audio inputs

For me i got the most “natural” sounding sidechaining effect by (if i remember correctly), 2 tracks with each a “send to S01” on them, and on the S01 track a compressor (with some fiddeling around with the parameters).

Most would say this is just heavy compression, or 2 signals being compressed into 1, whatever. But the signal-follower way (to me at least) has more customization but it sounds a bit less natural.

Would love to see Sidechaining thru send device in 3.2. :slight_smile:

yes plz

Bumping this topic because I think it’s important. Also, I’m just tired of having to use another DAW to sample into Cyclone. :frowning:

Yeah. For example, every other plugin from Melda Production uses side-chaining, the latest one being Mmorph (a morphing plugin). Can’t use this in Renoise, though :frowning:

+1.