Really, people?

Honestly, I think there is a fear from deep within, after spending a lot of time using renoise, preparing things, reading the manual over and over and asking countless technical questions on the forum to get more and more knowledge and become an expert, the fear that all trackers dont make past version 3.1…people just want to continue to use renoise into the future. When the next version finally comes people will relax a little, then two years later they might start worrying its the end, that its all over and stuff.

Another thing, I think new users feel like they are getting into something different, unique and technical when they take up renoise so when they come on the forums they want to show how much they know by pointing out little things which they consider to be wrong, to show how much they have learnt and how down with trackers they are…maybe they really are the genius? so technical and like the apple keynote speech, succesful businessman, feature request wizkid, how impressive!

When they get a reply like ‘thats just a fucking dumb feature request, you dont know what you are talking about at all’, its disheartening to them even if ‘its a fucking stupid feature request’ is fucking true…there are arguments that arise because people take things the wrong way, if comments are only in text you cant really communicate your ‘funny sarchasm’ that well. But if you want to argue about tracker I can! - that was a little sarchastic and funny to me - but its only in text and non tonal so people might take it as someone genuinely looking for trouble…but honestly whatever the fuck up in this here…renoise is the greatest, cannot critisize!! and thats really true

also sometimes the noobs who get mocked for not knowing renoise inside out like a strange old man, surrounded by dusty books about rernoise, end up being the greatest of all time…most of the tracker beef is nerdy sarchastic beef, its nothing to worry about

2 Likes

edited wrong post, lost

1 Like

Personally, i do not understand what all the fuss is about.

Everyday people around here are comparing Renoise with … something else.
So, if you prefer something else - this forum might not be for you.

Renoise is a tracker. Either use it or not.

2 Likes

As long as its never ‘finished’. I never want to see ‘no more updates ever’ kind of situation because its awesome, ive put alot of time into renoise cutting up all those breaks, you dont know how long it takes to build up a huge amount of individual hits, assign them to pads…later on start EQing them, layering them, not to mention putting time into other things as well. Im committed to renoise…I never want to do any of that again in another DAW. It takes long.
If I compare to other DAW it wins every time. Because the price is right…the others I simply cannot afford. They are a rip off, like most VST…remember the days when there were no bullshit subscriptions, all software was like 49.99? Well now people think they can charge 800 or more for a piece of software, then act like a bitch when it gets cracked. But im saying the price is right here so, respect for that…the features are better than other DAWs too, dont need anything else…just hope it keeps going forever…it too good, everything nice.

2 Likes

software has never been so cheap and there has never been so much choice (that annoys me often) as today
Ever seen what logic, soundforge or reaktor cost in the beginning?

in line with this topic
http://www.musicwords.net/musictech/sucks.htm

2 Likes

Amen.

I also do everything in Renoise, though I kinda stick to wav samples and organizing them in folders, so I’m not as “invested” that way. But otherwise, I’m pretty sure without Renoise, I wouldn’t be making music. I mean, I derped around in FastTracker II, but just like I derped around with a digicam and didn’t get “into” photography until I got a DSLR, it wasn’t until Renoise that I managed to make things I genuinely liked.

1 Like

exactly. hope its just never finished. keep on developing it just for the love of this awesome creation…no rush, just keep doing it. Its like some tapestry or tibetan painting, they can take a whole lifetime to complete. Its great software. just spent the last two years cutting up breaks and still going. Im an old school sampler guy, everything just renoise, not really too much vst, and i think alot of the preprepared sample packs that you hear from ableton and maschine stuff like that sound too over processed…something not right. too glossy, too modern…its not like the dusty, homemade, crunchy imperfect things you can get going if you do all your sampling yourself…sampling from vinyl and VHS, charity shop stuff…thats the real nice sound in my opinion and renoise is the perfect sampler sequencer for me at a cheap price. I probably will be lookng to get a nice vst or two when I finally finsh up these breaks, specifically an 808 like nepheton for layering with individual breaks hits making the perfect drum sound and also some kind of fat bass vst for big basslines to go with those nice crispy drums. cutting up these breaks is hardcore…but have to get through it… the 200 breaks download here on the forums was the greatest gift ever. someone recently posted 101s breaks and Declassified breaks as well…cant wait to get em all chopped… im on a mission…so hope renoise will never falter nor fade and keep on. its one of the best no need to stop…i tried ableton…not feeling all that double clicking in the pianoroll…honestly renoise is better. hate it when people assume renoise or all trackers are something they can program themselves in a fortnite…that kind of arrogant attitude like “hey, i read something about an algorithm once, now im a programmer too, let me advise you on your 20 years of hardcore programming in C languages, by the way, whats a sampler?”

3 Likes

@Garrett_Wang 'm with 'ya on that. I’m trying to go one step further in Renoise’s usage and using Renoise to generate all it’s own samples. And it CAN! All of my sounds are primarily made in Renoise, unless it’s not possible just can’t do it (FM/PM - not static waveforms). So, I’m hoping that we gain those few extra synthesis bits to just be able to do it all.

• Simplified FM as a modulation source, because we’ve already got AM and Ringmod. FM synthesis would be nice, but with a gentle touch, an FM modulator could give a wide variety of typical FM sounds to a sample. Another effect that would be fun is hyper-speed vibrato, just to have that really odd bzzzzz sound for fun! Great for droning pitches.

• Real-time timestretch, because it’s awesome. I’d like to have two forms: one utilizing the simplified Paulstretch found in Audacity for ambient sound-beds (I use the Rubberband method for this currently), and the other closer in style to (or exactly as) dblue’s Glitch 2 - something we could input into the pattern sequencer. ??xy - x for amount of stretch, and y for length, in case you wanted to do a super stretch for a 16th note only. Using timestretch on field recordings is just awesome. To have it adjustable via modulation sources…holy cow.

• Granular, because it’s so useful for all sorts of things. Maybe something similar to The Mangle, because it does short and long grain processing. I was PM’ing @danoise about a simplified version for micro-looping. There would be three things to modulate. Sample length, sample start time, and sample end time - much like that video I placed on the forum earlier of the Ultomaton: Figured out how to make a Sample Length for the Micro-Looper The Ultomaton has a small micro-looper that just does a very basic granular technique of random start/end/length. A small micro-looper for making various glitches and what not would be really fun! Yeah, we can kinda/sorta do it using the phrase sequencer, but something totally free from pattern control, and more work done with the LFO would be neat-o! Another sound-bed generator.

• Finally, spectral - it sounds great and can make a bunch of really nice sounds.

All in Renoise to keep the processing down. We can do so much with this program already, just a few more modulation styles and we’d be a sound-design playground - more complete that it already is. Whatever, I love Renoise, so nyah!

“hey, i read something about an algorithm once, now im a programmer too, let me advise you on your 20 years of hardcore programming in C languages, by the way, whats a sampler?”

:joy:

2 Likes

I love how every topic gets someone to post what he would like to see in renoise, regardless of topic.

• it’s not that i don’t agree with those requests, they are awesome, it’s just flooded with requests…
2 Likes

There are only two kind of forum threads, and they are closely related. 1) Speculation threads, 2) feature requests. I consider this to be a thread of feature requests.

Relevant list:

• RAS
  • A spectral matrix unit with automatable and interconnectable modulation for inter-adjustable hyper-overtones in the sample DSP mixer. As per my knowledge of OOP, this would only take approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes to implement. cmon devs???
  • Multimedia
1 Like

You’re right! :smiley: I love to make requests!

the sooner you switch to bitwig …the better youre life is going to be
just buy redux before making the switch

:wink:

1 Like

is that a joke or?

1 Like

Nah, used Bitwig for a while, actually own the 8-track version as well. They added modular, though! Just doesn’t feel right to me. Neither does Reason anymore, and I used that for something like 17 years. Oh well. Now that I’ve gotten hooked in Renoise, I’m pretty happy. It’s got that Max/MSP sound that I love so much (dry/crisp/clear) and it’s such a stable, easy-to-use midway point between coding and sequencing. With the addition of those few different types of synthesis to Renoise as native plugins… I’d be even more happy with it than I already am!

1 Like

im joking hahaha np with renoise :slight_smile:

but i do feel the topic of the thread there was a time in 2017 when i got my license and this place was something entirely different very positive nice feedback and everyone seemed more interested in talk about actual music production that request for features etc !!

also we managed to pull together a competition at some point that was super nice !!!
some of you may even think why do this dude keeps posting music here and shit if he doesn’t use renoise anymore

and to me its really simple i have good friends here !! also other forums suck big time

2 Likes

Do you like the Bitwig Sampler?
The modulators are entertaining, but otherwise pfff
I would go there crazy without Redux

1 Like

bro at first i was the same !!

i had to watch a few tuts on the official site but now i feel at home with the native sampler
in addition to regular playback mode you have

cycles mode (wavetable)
texture mode (granular stuff)

i even did a short tut about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

clear tutorial :+1:
voice stack (4:45) i did not know so far …
Do you know?
https://waveeditonline.com

my bitwig sampler default is a shitty gm-drum set
listened to a few midifiles, played bass
disillusionment started after replaced better drum sounds and try to panning sounds, it goes there only global for all voices
next: no midi-time-stretch (sequencer)

i like bitwig, now stable, does not need a large configuration, most of it goes fast
but that are missing basics, was already possible a long time ago with cubase, atari homecomputer and hardware samplers

1 Like

thanks for the link

“”"“Do you know?
https://waveeditonline.com”""""

i mean for electronic music i think its the best daw right now …there are a few missing features in the recording department like comping etc !! and the timestretchig its not as transparent as the complex modes in ableton or even reason’s time-stretch

but the huge amount of tools for sound design and the easy its to shift the UI to tackle any task …

also with a dual display like i have right now …brooooo so good

before using it i was chaging all the time …between Renoise and Fl and Reason …now i only have bitwig installed in my pc and Fl so i can use the fire but the rest …gone
:slight_smile:

1 Like