ReBench - benchmarking Renoise and your CPU.

ReBench - Version extended to 256 tracks and 1537 effects

I’d keep the old version around, just in case memory usage becomes a problem :slight_smile:

Renoise 3.0.1 x64, Windows 8.1, Steinberg UR22 (direct sound, not ASIO)

Intel i7 4790S 3.20GHz - 1CPU,latency 10ms : 41 RPTS

Intel i7 4790S 3.20GHz - 8CPU,latency 10ms : 156 RPTS

Intel i7 4790S 3.20GHz - 1CPU,latency 100ms : 53 RPTS

Intel i7 4790S 3.20GHz - 8CPU,latency 100ms : Ta! Amiga Rulez!!! (63,4% CPU usage)

Same system, almost same results :smiley:

both versions available

Download :ReBench.xrns

Download :ReBench - Version extended to 256 tracks and 1537 effects( min 8 GB of ram probably required )

Did you disable spectrum view?

This is awesome, thanks for making it.

I just tested this one two of my systems:

My current dedicated music machine, an FX-8350 @ stock 4.0 ghz:

FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz 1 core: 43

FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz 8 cores: 144

And my gaming rig i5-2500K quad core that I have overclocked from 3.3 to 4.6 ghz:

i5-2500K @ 4.6 ghz 1 core: 51

i5-2500K @ 4.6 ghz 4 cores: 188

So yeah, there you go. I can test the 2500K at stock if you are curious, but it has no problems overclocking to 4.6.

Great Idea. Will test when home.

Redone with Rbench x256:

Renoise 3.1 rc1 64bit, Core i7 4770, OSX 10.9.4, Firewire…

10ms,44,1kHz,1 core = 53 RPTS

10ms,44,1kHz,8 cores = 207 RPTS

75ms (max. possible),44,1kHz,8 cores = 256 / EOF /Ta! Amiga Rulez!!!

i7-6700k @ 4.00Ghz (stock)
Renoise 3.01 Win 7(64)

1 core (10ms): 51

8 cores (10ms): 144

1 core (100ms): 65

8 Cores (100ms): Ta! Amiga Rulez!!!

Would be interesting to know what kind of audio interface you people used while testing…?

Would be interesting to know what kind of audio interface you people used while testing…?

I just used my onboard sound so I am assuming my intereface doesn’t come into it?

I just used my onboard sound so I am assuming my intereface doesn’t come into it?

Yes, I think this is the fastest you can have, PCIe or onboard.

I just wonder that OSX seems to have a much better multicore scheduler than Windows. Or the OSX version is so much faster because of a different compiler…

To be sure here, I would like to suggest to you to ensure that you all use

1. “desktop” / 100% power profile like toblerpone suggested

2. The asio driver, no creepy Windows WDM or WASPI driver

3. Write down what kind of audio interface was used

Yes, I think this is the fastest you can have, PCIe or onboard.

I just wonder that OSX seems to have a much better multicore scheduler than Windows. Or the OSX version is so much faster because of a different compiler…

To be sure here, I would like to suggest to you to ensure that you all use

2. The asio driver, no creepy Windows WDM or WASPI driver

3. Write down what kind of audio interface was used

Ok will do when I can (which may be tommorrow?) and will post results.

Forgive my ignorance, was just about to try another bench but I am not entirely sure how to go about “100% power profile.”

Abissus: I don’t remember exactly (OSX now), but in energy settings.

just push start and type “power options”

also turn off your antivirus and everything that might take up cpu processing, you might be able squeeze a bit more by enabling a high contrast theme (disables any aero features as you can’t otherwise in 8.1 (maybe you can in 10, I don’t know yet) it’s also not very clear if it was a retirement, but disabling fpattern follow and opening a non-pattern tab with any meters or scopes not vissible should increase your result by around 20%)

aero disabling? really?? Is this still 1995 ?

ffx: it ads a small %
or do you think that’s cheating? :stuck_out_tongue:

its dos then again. And yes, renoise was made for win not for dos. Its cheating.

just push start and type “power options”

also turn off your antivirus and everything that might take up cpu processing, you might be able squeeze a bit more by enabling a high contrast theme (disables any aero features as you can’t otherwise in 8.1 (maybe you can in 10, I don’t know yet) it’s also not very clear if it was a retirement, but disabling fpattern follow and opening a non-pattern tab with any meters or scopes not vissible should increase your result by around 20%)

Aah I understand. Something i did when I first got the PC, so no problems there.

I will disable anti virus and the options you suggested.

I can disable Aero via software called “Ultimate Windows Tweaker” (I have begun using it after my last bench), though it seems as this may be “cheating?”

At the moment I have only used it for a few minor things that I doubt will really affect performance, though I am happy to list if necessary. Also If the purpose is to lessen cpu processing, I can use UWT to increase performance further too.

no, we were joking about “cheating”… I only mentioned because then, windows looks like it was 1995. And I doubt that aero will have such huge impact on performance, although it’s pure crapware.

I remember another leet windows nerdz haxx: Set priority to background services (somewhere)… I also remember when I had an and k6, it helped :stuck_out_tongue:

You can also install hackintosh of course, if you want to have a REAL computer…

“Set priority to background services (somewhere).”

System:Performance:Advanced

But it will only make things worse.