Which thread was that in? Just curious if anything was said about better support for high-dpi displays, which is really the only thing I miss (badly). Otherwise I’m perfectly happy with Renoise as it is.
Yes,A drastic improvement with the issue of resolution for large monitors would be welcomed by all.
On the other hand, Renoise 3.1 can also improve many other things.
Seriously. Renoise was already amazing and/or perfect years ago. Even if they hadn’t updated it since 2006 I would probably still be using it.
Renoise, even now, is far from perfect. Even now, Renoise 3.1.0 stands halfway.However, there is no reason at all to forego it. Quite the opposite. We should all support the project.
I never do not understand people who require annual updates. Why you dont want new update for your guitar?
Perhaps because there are many users who widen the horizon and look at other DAWs with magnifying glass. They see that there are a lot of useful features that Renoise does not have. Examples beasts:
- Piano Roll (or similar for editing merged with the pattern editor), or wide view of the whole song (something like the Matrix Editor but to the beast).
- Audio Tracks.These two things seem outstanding for years, and are not addressed.
- Video Edition & soundtrack.It has a lot to do with the overall vision of the song and ask to make slices with it easily.
- Music Score
- GUI for higher resolutions and customizable…
- Drastic improvement of the Automation Editor, keyzones, among others.
- Drastic improvement with the use of colors, focused on associating the tracks with the instruments.
- Inclusion of small instrument icons, for tracks and Instrument box.
- Decent classification of instruments in the instrument box
- More MIDI commands related to recording routing and editing.
- More folders to load VST, improve the metronome.
- Multiplication buttons for Pattern Matrix…
- List to select templates according to style…
- More practical examples for LUA code.Yes, we users can create tools It involves learning LUA,but if you like it, you can do great things.
- Greater integration with tools (a additional fixed area to load, as if integrated, with certain size standards). For example, below the Pattern Editor, as Track DSP pane.Thus the tools appear to be part of Renoise, more integrated.
- And a long etc.
Yes, maybe all together seems very beast, but it is the only tracker we have decent, and it would be wonderful to improve these things, or at least some of them…
Nor is it a question of protest. Renose 3.1 is fine, and allows for many things that other DAWs do not have.But many things can be improved.At the moment, error correction is more than welcome. Everyone will applaud.
I think this whole thing has a lot to do with people who look at other DAWs, and understand their capabilities.Also look at the ideas in these forums. There’s a lot.And of course, we would all like these features to be in Renoise, the only tracker and serious DAW joined.
To a guitar you can only paint or change the strings, or sell it.Or break it on a stage!Maybe he’ll leave me something.Oh yes, put stickers or badges.