Record Qwerty Noodling To Sample Editor

Ok, with Rewire not working for me tonight (beta bug?) I have to bump this thread.

The user scenario is simple.

• I have 4 tracks in Renoise.
  • Track 1, 2, 3 are routed to Renoise Master.
  • Track 4 is routed to Audacity (or whatever)
  • While the song is playing, I do a live jam in Track 4, record in Audacity.

Tried, and failed, to get this working with Sounclound and Jack OS X. My sampling app (Amadeus Pro) wasn’t having it.

Back to the drawing board.

I’m dying here. Rewire is not helping at all.

No 64bit recorder plugins for OS X that work.

Argh.

buy a second hand tape / mini-disc / dat / field-recorder? Hook up to mixer, record, win :walkman:

Yeah, that was my setup ~10 years ago. Easy as pie!

Got rid of all the equipment to make room for the future.

What a let down.

Haha.

i’m using 32bit renoise and a record plugin is not the answer at all. i’m not going to look for a 32bit recorder plugin for osx, and im not going to buy one. and soundflower isn’t a solution either.

so i’m in the same boat witcha, conner_bw

I’ve just got hold of a kaossilator and the Korg DS-10 which I was wanting to use to jam along with patterns I’ve created in renoise but couldn’t figure out how to stay within renoise but keep the jamming parts separate from the master mix so I can do some editing.

I downloaded the anarchyrecorder mentioned at the top of the thread and using it I’ve been able to achieve what I wanted to do.

What I’ve done is put anarchyrecorder on the S01 channel. Then added a “line input” to another free track, added my effects chain and at the end and that put a “send” device which I sent the line input signal directly to S01 so it’ll go to anarchyrecorder.

Then I set my track going and select record on anarchyrecorder and play along with my external gear. Then when I saved the recording and loaded the sample back into renoise I was please to hear that only the external input signal had been recorded and none of the renoise tracks that I played along to. :D

Maybe we could script a keybinding that flops between a large empty pattern and the one last edited. Sort of like a temp workspace. You can jam on the empty pattern until you get it right, render selection to sample, then return to where you were.

this would be amazing

the original idea is amazing. i suggest, just like when you are recording audio source , that you could set the recorder for “listen to renoise input” so that when you play VSTI or xrni, it would start recording

+1 to the original request. The sample recorder should allow selection of master output as the recording input.

Your soundcard may have additional recording devices that will show up hidden under windows recording device settings. If it does and they are called Stereo Mix or Wave then you can do exactly what it is the topic post talks about, that is, record what is playing through the speakers/phones. I do this all the time. If you do this though, you come upon another problem. You can’t record notes to the pattern editor while recording without committing what is under your overdub to the sample, making it useless for separating tracks. It would be good if you could route single tracks to the sample recorder, in fact, I don’t see why this isn’t possible when using ASIO with Virtual Audio Cable. I am going to play around with it right now and let you know what I come up with. I mean this isn’t a huge problem since I can work around it by for instance rewiring to Live, but it would be a very useful feature if it was possible to record notes and track specific audio at the same time.

+1 to the Conner_Bw request… This is really useful feature. Especially, when working with rewired stuff like Reason