Redux?

A jump to 4.0 seems very unlikely to me from version history and what’s been shared so far. On the other hand, it’s been quite a long time since the last version, so maybe we’re in for a shock. I think it’s safe to say you should expect any feature that would clearly benefit it, to appear in Renoise without having to get Redux. But unless they always sync releases, I suppose you could have to wait for some time in some cases. You might still want Redux at some point even if Renoise is your only DAW, if using Redux within Renoise (assuming you can) offers something Renoise can’t do by itself. Like (if only by one level initially) nesting phrases.

http://renoise.com/release-notes

@shaboogen: I think I can answer those questions

1. The next scheduled version of Renoise is 3.1 - you are definitely not going to see a bump all the way to 4.x.
    If you take a look at the release notes jiko linked to, you’ll see a tendency to introduce major new stuff, even with point releases.

2. Any new feature in Redux is making back it into Renoise as well.

So no, you won’t have to buy Redux to get feature X. Generally speaking, we are trying to make them as unified as possible.

This time around, Redux is released before Renoise catches up - so you won’t be able to load new Redux patches in Renoise 3.0.1. But once a new Renoise is released, this won’t be a problem.

hhhggghhhh Just mentioning Renoise 3.1 makes me excited!

Any bets on when 3.1 will be released after redux?
my bet is less than 2 months

jump to 4.x would be insane because everyone would need to pay a buck to upgrade, and most likely many users would abandon renoise rather buy redux than upgrade renoise licence. so chill :))

im sure renoise features will be ported to redux, not vice versa, and most likely renoise update will come before redux, so users can report few bugs, and when when the devs deal with it will came redux at full force.

this thing told me some local gipsy beggars, so trust me this info is solid!

@lolfail:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/while-waiting-for-redux/41576
A huge amount of the work going into Redux will directly benefit the next version(s) of Renoise, which we intend to release soon after Redux itself

my bet is less than 2 months

I expect it to be around 6-12 months.

and it will have full minority-report-style manipulation functionality. yay!

I expect it to be around 6-12 months.

Something like this probably, this year:
Redux: End of July

Renoise 3.1: Middle of Nov

A year or half a year is definitely not soon after.

No need to be so pessimistic, it’s like you want redux to be in the way of overall renoise development. :c

Click to view contents

I still think that improvements to rewire should have been made instead…

Thanks for your answers Danoise, I look forward to seeing what you guys do.

I predict Redux in 2 days and Renoise in 3 days with a 0.95 probability andmargin of errorof 5 years.

Any infos available already?

no

“[redux is coming out] when it’s ready”, “soon after redux”

Today I got my first silver hair… Will I die before?

I have a good feeling about before june 5, maybe even this week.

^Tomorrow is the 2 month anniversary of the trailer

I bet the long wait will be worth it . x ing fingers .

Only watched the trailer now, and really loving what I saw. The interface looks superb.

ok, what I felt was probably gas :c

Click to view contents

what I feelnow is that redux will only support automation via the 8 macro encoders