Remove Single Trackcolumn?

Hi,

i want to simply delete a unused or further not needed Trackcolumn. But in Column Contextmenu there is no delete, only a cut which only deletes the notes in it??!!! i checked the shortcut window and not found a Column delete too. As Workaround i delete all notes on Column and move it by mouse on last position of trackcolumns. then i remove it with the “-” button of Trackcolumn control. Is there really no other way to do this??

happy tracking :slight_smile:

Deleting a track is weird.

No idea why that option is buried in the Mixer panel.

(If you’re looking to delete note columns in a track, that’s something else.)

Thx, but i want to delete the “Notecolumns” like you named this. Dont know how this parts named officially. :confused:

I will try to summarize how a note track works in Renoise.

A note track has 12 note sub-columns and 8 effect sub-columns. Technically none of these sub-columns can be “removed”. The only thing you can do is “ocular” (or show) these types of subcolumns (- button), and always in a decreasing way, so that subcolumns with a smaller index always take precedence. This allows you to keep information in sub-columns with a higher index and ignore them because they are “hidden”. You can also change the PLAY / OFF status of each note sub-column.

Group, Master, and Send tracks have the same philosophy, but only have 8 effect sub-columns.

The only thing you can delete is the data inserted inside each sub-column and you can do it very quickly from the advanced operations panel.

Something similar happens with the pattern. Each pattern always has 512 lines. You can hide or show a certain number of them.

Near where it says note at the top of the left most column of notes are a + and - key, the minus removes note columns from right to left.

1 Like

delete colum

1 Like

That is exact this what i have done + i must moving empty column to last place on right side! Ist there no autocollaps function for empty columns?

Not as far as I am aware, a lot of Renoise processing happens left to right, so keep in mind programming from left to right when creating notes.

(?) → Set Track To Active Columns | Renoise

2 Likes

That’s sounds good. I will test this. Thanks mate.

happy tracking :slight_smile:

That just hides columns starting from the right.

If I have for note columns and only want to keep columns 2 and 4 there’s no way (that I know of) to simply remove columns 1 and 3, leaving just two columns with notes.

I would have to shuffle notes around to get everything in columns 1 and 2, then clear or hide the others.

Ok mate, thanks for this info. It helps me saving lifetime.

happy tacking :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is possible to move a track column by holding down the left mouse button on the track column’s name (This defaults to “Note”) and then dragging to the desired position. Move All your unwanted track columns to the right and then delete them (using the left-hand-side “-” button, or its hotkey (it’s SHIFT-CTRL-Left, for me).

1 Like