Render to samples - blocking dialog box

Is this a known issue?

I tried to use Render to Samples from the plugin tab. I filled in the choices for note range, velocities, etc. When I clicked go, a new dialog box popped up UNDER the Render to Samples dialog. The new dialog says “Do you want to XXX” - I can’t read that part because it’s under the main dialog.

At this point I can’t do anything. Renoise is basically frozen and I have to kill it from outside. I assume if I could click on the “buried” dialog it would unfreeze. So far this happens every time.

I’ve tried clicking the X on the buried dialog to dismiss it; doesn’t work.

Might be worth specifying a few more things here GlowNote:

1. Linux or Windows or Mac? (I assume Linux from your previous posts though?)

2. If Linux, what desktop/window manager are you using?

3. Does it happen with all or just one plugin(s)? What are/is the plugin(s) you are rendering?

4. Does it do this also if the plugin window is not visible at the time i.e. you’ve clicked the ‘Render Plugin To Instrument…’ option on the main File menu (for example) without any plugin window visible?

The “Do you want to XXX” dialog has the full title: “Do you want to sample the plugin ?” telling you how many samples, and overall size with Yes/No/Cancel buttons.

Might be worth specifying a few more things here GlowNote:

1. Linux or Windows or Mac? (I assume Linux from your previous posts though?)

2. If Linux, what desktop/window manager are you using?

3. Does it happen with all or just one plugin(s)? What are/is the plugin(s) you are rendering?

4. Does it do this also if the plugin window is not visible at the time i.e. you’ve clicked the ‘Render Plugin To Instrument…’ option on the main File menu (for example) without any plugin window visible?

The “Do you want to XXX” dialog has the full title: “Do you want to sample the plugin ?” telling you how many samples, and overall size with Yes/No/Cancel buttons.

Good questions, which led me to a solution. Linux, Fluxbox, problem occurred with U-HE Repro-One. I could render Less Trivial Synth.

The problem only happens if the plugin GUI is under the render dialog. I was able to render Repro-One by dismissing the GUI.

If no plugin GUI - dialog works correctly. If the plugin GUI is behind the render dialog, then the confirm dialog ends up behind the whole app - which is easy to work around once you know it’s happening. This happens if LT Synth UI is behind the render dialog.

What’s confusing with U-HE Repro-One is I guess it doesn’t repaint during this period, so I got a fake image of the confirm dialog above the plugin UI and under the render dialog - where the real confirm dialog is under the whole app. So I was clicking on that fake image trying to make it react.

Thanks for the quick reply.