Render to separate tracks doesn't render master?

Seems to be the case…which is a bummer, because when I render to separate tracks I want to render the stems but also get the mix. Now I guess I have two options - first is to load my stems in a different DAW and export the mix there. The other is to put every one of my tracks in a group so that it renders everything…but actually that doesn’t take care of sends. So maybe I need a final send track that is a “submix” and everything sends to that? Seems like a pain though.

It’s not quite right if I just render twice… modulations and maybe commands will be different. What I want when rendering each track to a separate file is to get the stems of course, but also the mix. I don’t know if this is an option or someone knows of a better way to get the mix then importing all the stems to a DAW and exporting from there… otherwise please consider this a feature request to add the master out when rendering tracks to separate files.

Export the track as normal = render master channel

If you can qualify it being not quite right - I`d like to see the evidence!

Don’t really need evidence. The very nature of maybe commands means a separate render will be different. Some modulations will be different if they use random LFO (DSP or instrument modulation) or if they aren’t reset synced. What he wants is to render the stems and also have a master render that will match the sum of those stems. And the only way to do that is to load the stems and render them in their own project.

Which he doesn’t need another DAW to do, but whatever works.

Yep. And you’re right, I don’t need another daw. Keeping it in renoise, I need another project… so I need to create a new project, load the (large) samples in as instruments, create new tracks for each stem, place play commands in each track, export.

Sounds like I should make this a feature request instead.

I see what you mean