Rendering issue in Renoise 3.1.0

Hi Renoisers,

I have a problem which may possibly be a bug.

I took a song that I started some time ago by using Renoise 2.8.0 and tried to continue it with Renoise 3.1.0.
The song renders without a problem in 2.8.0 (and in newer versions up to 3.0.1, which I just tested).
But in 3.1.0 in two tracks the first note of the first pattern isn’t being rendered.
In both tracks the VSTi being used is NI Massive. I just updated to the latest version (1.5.1) to rule out that the behaviour is due to an old VSTi version, but that changed nothing.
I have also tried using x64 & x86 versions of Renoise and of the VSTi in all combinations but it’s always the same.

Any ideas on this?

I’m using Win7 64bit, 16 gb ram, Core i7 3770K processor.
My soundcard is a M-Audio Audiophile 2496 (please check my other post here, because maybe there could be trouble with the audio driver although I don’t think it’s the reason for this issue)

Any help is appreciated…

Thx, Monty

You can fix it by adding a two-line pattern at the beginning of the song. I also experienced such problem, but as far as I remember only with plug-ins which have a bug in pdc reporting. So check your effects plug-ins, too. There also was a bug with groups, but I don’t remember if it was fixed or not … Do you use groups?

Thanks for your input.

Yes, if have helped myself with adding a pattern at the beginning, but I wanted to report the problem nevertheless, because I got the feeling something might have got broken during the development of version 3.1.0 since the problem does not occur in previous versions (2.8.0 to 3.0.1 tested).

Plus I have a similar issue in some other song with one patch of the quadrasid plugin where Renoise refuses to render (and playing in the editor) notes more or less randomly. But I need to check that one more intensely before reporting. However in that case I can’t add a pattern at the beginning because it happens throughout the song and I was hoping that a bug could be nailed, removed and both problems would dissolve.

Ah, and no, I don’t use groups (didn’t know the feature up to your post, lol)…

Cheers, Monty

Wait, I just saw your signature. Are you Hanz Meyzer from RKO? Then I love you! :wink: