Renoise 1.27 beta2 is available

polyphony with MIDI only devices works again :yeah:

Is it me or did the ‘track move’ buttons got moved to the sidepanel in this beta? I liked them above the tracks, but it’s a great feature anyway :D

Dennis

I love this beta especially that you can move tracks, Is Renoise is the first tracker that allows you to do that?

And I like the new DiskOp, but I don´t think that the diskOp is complete yet, and can be written off in regards of improvements.

I miss seeing the filesize and I miss being able to sort by name/date and size…

I use the sort by date option everytime in other programs…

And I think that you shoud really do the solution that someone here suggested. Where you selected the filetype in a meny.
This would save space for a “sort by” function and make it more clear what you have selected.

After those things I think it would be perfect.

Anyway, I´m very happy with this great release. And I know that things take time.

I had problems with Kontakt crashing 1.27b1 when loading samples.

Now this problem seem to be gone :D

beta2 doesnt seem to remember diskop window size.

Maybe only notes from a specific column where not moved ?
Can you reproduce this ?

hmmm good one,
also, an optional grid with snapping (id est: if you set the point to 88%, the grid line set at 90% “attracts” the point and set it to 90%) would be appreciated here

(*) do you mean horizontal?

and perhaps with gridsize as a variable too :)
I’ll think about it later when I add slope control and splines :)

Also being able to select 10% as a value would be nice…

I have to change the filter settings when I load older songs. It seems it filters stronger so it sounds less ‘bright’. Did you change this? (I’m talking about the filter cutoff)

multiple-pattern automation curves were already discussed, but they weren’t accepted.

@rotello:
I don’t think you’ve got the point:

James Campbell would like to be able to draw a single automation curve over more than one pattern. This is not possible as you can only set a curve for each pattern/variable combination and it can’t be longer than the associated pattern is.

Martinal has always said that this won’t be ever implemented because there is one-to-one association between patterns and their curves.

my 2€:
We could imagine a way to automatically create curves for the other patterns involved, but this is still useless because of the fact that you could still be able to reply the same pattern more than once in a song.

to do this, then, the associations should be between the arranger position number and the curve, not between pattern and curve.

PS: 600th post reached. I wonder what’s next of “Big Masta” status :ph34r:

probably “Fat Masta”, “Considerably Big Masta”, or “Sorry, you’re dead meat:rolleyes:

I agree with James Campbell that this is however pretty damn essential.
It wouldn’t be very professional I think to leave the automation editor in this state…

Plus it would be a reason more to keep “cubase-likes” users away from Renoise. There must be something to do… I believe It-Alien has a point.
Or maybe Renoise’s internal structure needs some more changes on that level? I don’t really know…

The arranger (see arranger thread ) will solve this. Everything else would be a hack.
As we currently prepare Renoise for the arranger and a better internal time resolution its just a question of time till you can change the automation of 5 patterns with one click …

I’ve got a Problem… and Taktik… I hope you kept those songs I sent you, because it is in one of those… whenicucomemyway (yes… I know its long… :) … )

anyways… after I come out of the filter in the beginning… it crackles on the next track… if it doesn’t do it to you… please let me know… and I’ll send my completed version, which may be different… I use directsound to my sblive. and it’s never done this until I got this new beta… the 1.261 doesn’t do it…

condore@charter.net

B)

Some good news:

All the reported bugs in 1.27 beta2 are fixed now :

• the strange ASIO probs (ASIO crackles)
  • the performance problems
  • the 1.26 filter compatibility probs
  • and all the other small stuff

We will need some time to finish some minor modifications and improvements to the diskop. Then we will have a open public RC release and finaly a rock stable and super fast Renoise 1.27 :)

Thanks to all helping us testing this release.
And be prepared for the next release …

Did you find out if the probllems with PolyIBlit etc. were fixable?

(See my thread ‘Some VST instruments will crash Renoise’ in the Bug Report forum.

and the bad FXB-loading bug ?

looza :
yes, its fixed and I have also added FXB and FXP saving …

Paul Connell:
These work fine here. Can you reproduce this and drop me a mail about when this happens ?

Having just lost another 45 minute editing session as a result of Renoise
crashing while saving a track, I feel compelled to exclaim the following:

No feature is as essential as application stability and the module saving
routine!

Renoise should NEVER crash while saving a module, even if you have to
include the most redundant, anal, slow as hell error checking code.

I agree. Nothing more important than stability. Guess why this release
takes so long. I wont release if I know that there is still a possible
crashbug in.

But I need your help to fix this. The save crash you described, never
happened to me. Never in the whole time I`ve used Renoise and
Noisetrekker. I bet it has nothing to do with saving, but is a sideeffect of
something else.

Have you used ASIO ? Have you used VST`s ? If yes, wich one ? Please try
to feed me with information, and dont simply say : “Hey, fix this. It crashed
while saving.”. Its not that easy, that there is an obvious error or bug in
the “save routine”. The save routine will never crash, if the document it saves is ok.
Have you maybe used other programs in the background ? Are you low on
diskspace ? And the most important thing : Can you reproduce this or have
you tried to ?

And again : If the beta release doesnt work for you : Dont use it !!

There is an autosave function. I have mine on 17 minutes…It has aved me one time :)