Renoise 1.5 Alpha 4 / Win32 Released

im also almost sure i hear more pops and ticks in my tracks comparing to 1.281.
not sure why though…

seems stable so far, except for long times of minimized mode, 5 mins is ok but
30 mins or more it seems it has probs coming out of ‘sleep’ again… and most of the time crashes or i have to do an ‘end process’…

mlon

depends this on heavy weight (memory intensive) (vsti) songs? same on my side … but in 1.281 too on play …

I must say that the MIDI Timing is even more tight than 1.281 !
and 1.281 sometimes missed some notes when controlling a sound-module with a master keyboard. but 1.5 handels it great!

Just wanted to say congrats Devs - this new Alpha addresses all the problems I was having - I can now happily make the move over to 1.5… nice work, it’s awesome!

yup, i use vsts almost always in my tracks, so…yeah…but i kinda forgot
to mention that 1.281 also has same difficulties when minized for longer
periods as 1.5.

mlon

some times ago i tryed talk about the memory handling of VST within Renoise (but i’m no coder - don’t know what’s happend under the hood of Renoise).
i noticed some curious things in 1.281: after a while of not using Renoise (Renoise is open and a song is loaded) and workin with other apps: after closing all other apps and trying to start the Renoise song again, Renoise needs some time to play e.g. instruments of VSTi-samplers (no hd-streaming) without stuttering. on stuttering the cpu-usage beams up to 100% and after a while of playing everything is ok again … in my opinion other VSTi apps working more smooth with VSTi’s … also after a while of standby! don’t know why?!

Well… i gave my remarks and were probably also not good enough to take in consideration. (That was in this post http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?act…e93917a29049a3))

I suppose i got to live with that too huh?
Well, we’re not in Beta stage yet.