Renoise 1.5 Alpha / Win32 Released

Things i like about 1.5 so far:

Sequence scroller, not only the sidebar but the fact you can now really scroll through patterns.
Context menu’s
Metronome
Textureeffects, actually the way you can turn on or off a lot of (possible resource eating) GUI effects.

There will be sure a couple of other things that i will notice sooner or later…

as you can imagine, this alpha version is time-limited.

Maybe you have a wrong date/time setting or similar?

Yep! I figured that one out… (actually my brother figured it out) :)

WOAH!!! :eek: It looks great!

I haven’t got a crash (yet), only thing that bothers me is that the right shift key doesn’t work when writing text. To make a letter uppercase I have to use the left shift :huh:

Oh, what’s the time limit for the testing period?

you like the wood-theme ? thanx, I made it … :D

Try double-clickingwith the left button. Actually it works better then in previous versions, because you it also sends the cursor into the place where you click. :dribble:

Oh, I noticed another thingy… Tracknames were not imported from a Renoise 1.281 song.

BTW: We can now rename send channels :love:

please use this forum section for bug reporting

you need to get used to rightclicking alot. both things you mentioned are now hidden in the rightclick menu for the instrument-panel and the patterneditor. to add a sendtrack you need to rightclick on a sendtrack and choose “insert track”.

Am I being silly? Where can I download it?.. Im a registered user and everything?..

i have edited the post once again and added a link to the users area where you can download it.

hey devs … good work … looks like 1.281 is a big weight old ship and 1.5 is a modern light but extremly powerful and fast ship … good work … i’m lovin’ it.

but it’s a little bit annoying that such major stuff like the editing of the pattern is still really bugy … but ok it’s an alpha … it seems that i must wait for the beta for making music with our new ship named Renoise 1.5. :)

Thanks, me being slow, I forgot its user and not userS! lol

im having probs getting my 1.5 alpha…could someone look into that and send
me my 2 registered names/pass plz?! ive lost my hd and motherboard in a serious hardware failure…and for some reason the userlogin page doesnt seem to recognize my email adresses??..

cant w8 to play with 1.5 !! :D

thnx in advance…

mlon

Amazing job! It is really responsive… I love the sequencer and the new reverbs (new alghorithm?) They sound really clean… Hats off here!

DDspeed: thankyou!

Awesome. Excellent interface, especially with all the keyboard shortcuts listed when the mouse moves over any interface. All boxes now can have text entered manually instead of having to click on the arrow… and i agree, the new reverbs sound great.

The new pattern editor is great, took about 2 seconds to figure out… now I can finally really start to use renoise for live performance, editing pattern sequences without changing the pattern that’s currently playing. And I just noticed the render selection to sample option… seriously useful items.

OMG! 1.5 is sweet !!!

:)

mlon

Multi output is not supported yet. Taktik had no time finishing it for this release.

the good:
what a freakin’ good job you did with v1.5.
it’s really gorgeous - the new (splendid looking) GUI, the pattern sequencer (with patternnames), the render to sample option, the enhanced sample editor (undo function, variable volume), the new native reverb, the context sensitive menues and so on and so forth…
this is a very promising alpha version, which of course, still harbours some bugs and issues, but as soon as these are gone, we should’ve the most wonderful tracking tool ever created.
renoise 1.281 was and is awesome, but this is most probably going to be the climax of modern tracking.
all my respect and available thumbs up! :walkman:

the bad:
personally, the greatest disappointment with 1.5 is the incompatibility (severe performance loss) with Intel’s HyperThreading… please please please get this fixed for the final, elsewhat it’ll be a true pain to always switch from HT=ON to HT=OFF from within the BIOS.

thanks for everything.