Renoise 1.8.0 Beta Released

Great, now I got something to do tonight.

Thanks you Taktik. This is a great and amazing job!

holy shit! Why did I find out on a late sunday night??? Now I have to ditch school for a week :) Great, great stuff, especially the xml thingy…having dreams now of algorithmic manipulation of renoise beat patterns in max/msp and exporting the results back to renoise format. This could mean I finally have something ’ legitimate’ to work on during my study for school + can play with renoise :)

This is defenitely a huge step up from the last renoise.

grts

rico

Excellent! :)
There are really a lot of useful and nice new features and updates. Thanx a lot.
Can’t wait of the Final version.

But this is not the “Question of Speed” thing…!?

Nope, not the question of speed thing. Though automation and pattern resolutions might be connected in some way.

Great Great!
Looks beautiful and feels good :D

A Mixer oh my god!!

Now lets debug this little rascal and fix ourselves a final release ;)

Thanks for the time and effort you guys put into this!!!

Hey, you were really serious yesterday. I thought you were kidding about the the first NE beta being 1.8. ^^
Looking real nice. Totally justifies the version jump.

w00t

:yeah:

Is it only one dev on the whole project ?

If that is the case then it’s a truly amazing result/job/effort.
It’s amazing no matter what, you know what I mean (I hope).

great job taktitk!

thx 4 finally resolving the multimonitor desktopspawn-bug !!
i’m alreaydy in love with the 1.8 (even if i can get a crash with one simple click,i’ll write a failure report soon)
but the rest seem to be stable !

Just dropping by to say you guys have really out done yourselves - this is a phenomenal leap and I’m pleased to say so far everything’s running like a dream.

Audio recording and the mixer view are both perfect - love the new look - the subtle colouring on the grid is really nice.

…now I can finally say goodbye to SX and Live!

Great job guys!

This better than the real thing! :slight_smile:

Awesome! :yeah:

completly and utterly kick ass release. made my year so far :=)
thank you ALL devs and testers!

.x

I’m all hyped over the new version too! Big thumps up Taktik & co! Amazing work! Weeeeeeeee!

Brilliant release! Love the new drop down menu, flac support, xml format …but I simply LOVE the mixer view! It certainly gives the overview I lacked before.

Yeah I agree! I didn’t even know I was missing it in the first place though, but those are awesome features added in! :)

:dribble: WOW what a release the mixer and line in are spot on. Like Sagosen said it needs a record on play song, or a pattern command to start and stop recording like punch in punch out to a sample slot eg;

R001 Start recording to sample slot 1

R100 Stop recording

If I had this feature I wouldnt need any other app, in the mean time im going to start seaching for a decent audio recorder vst B)

Yes, this is impressive, very impressive. :dribble:

I am especially impressed with the recording function. :dribble: - and the line-in device, I plugged in my guitar and played with the delay and distortion for ages. I can’t wait to start producing actual music with these new features.