Renoise 1.8 Rc1 Shrink/expand

Hi guys,
propably iam too stupid, but i can’t find the shrink/expand funciton for patterns nor can i find (as suggested in earlier discussions in this forum) the advanced edit function tab…

Happy new year,
Front6

Look at the right side above the pattern scrollbar for the button to show the advanced edit panel, there is also shrink/expand.

Cool cool cool,
thanks man!!!

Happy new year!

Front6

the thing I miss in the function is auto Dx command generating when shrinks and Dx command parsing to line sub-shift when expanding…

the thing i miss the most is the easily accessible tabs for audio and midi setup…especially audio; my system is perhaps not optimal for audio (esp. 10 yr old directx sound card…) and i regularly change latency up and down to get it as low as this thing will muster…
now its obscurely hidden away in a menu that reminds me of internet explorer’s preferences :expressionless:

you can assign a key to preferences dialog showing (I use ALT+P)

of course, in order to do this, you must open it the hard way once :P

i guess…its still a window that pops up over the pattern editor though…
having a box that pops out and resizes the main window - like advanced edit - would be much easier to work with.
That preferences window has some really vital stuff in it, need to make it more accessible…

edit: I do like the fact that there are propper drop down menus though; my suggestion would entail having the preferences item in that menu still there - just make it pop up that resized window instead of take over the whole tracker for it!