Renoise 2.1 Beta Testing Starts

i didnt meant how it works with ReWire thing. wanted to know how it works generally.

Load a song, hit play, click on a small triangle button in the sequencer, wait, repeat :wacko:
Nothing else you have to switch on/off enable whatever, but this doesn’t work when running Renoise as ReWire slave.

Btw: Some ninja for the small sequencer play buttons:
Double-Click → Instantly play the patterns
RIght-Click → Instantly switch to the patterns (continue playing at the new pattern)

Right clicking is not really obvious, but we didn’t wanted to at a new column for this in the GUI.

Would be nice to set up a few more patterns for live triggering , the order in which they are triggered ( patt8-> patt 3–> patt 5->patt 2->etc …and how many times they will loop …
Record all this in external wave editor and we can arrange our song live on the fly

Mos defenitely!

…being able to ‘record’ these live tweakings not just in .wav, but also the actions for future playback or remixing would be nice to have as well! :)

OH NO… I ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE HYDRA… THE WHOLE THING!!!

I agree. Holding down shift and clicking the things should queue them up, placing little numbers in the [>] box.

Also, another suggestion: You know the little line that scrolls down? I think it’s great, but it’s quite hard to see when it’s passing through the [>]. How about moving it to the loop selector? These boxes have a constant colour (either selected or not) and so it would be much easier to see. Also, when you put little numbers in the [>] box for queueing, the scrolly-line won’t interfere with it.

OK created new topic for this

Awesome! Rewire opens up so many new possibilites. Detatch playback is also great.

This does sound awesome!!!

very, very good work. a right pleasure to encounter this at random (joined #renoise at random, renoise 2.1 announced). i did this little thing now, which most pros will scoff at, but just anyway:

http://www.scene.org/~esa/renoise
currently has logic 8.0.2 and renoise 2.1.0 hooked together via rewire, for direct recording to logic trax, and ill hopefully update this with ableton live 7.0.2 and renoise 2.1.0 hooked together.

this rewire thing is very, very good.

Woot, ready to go and testing, good news :)

you are the man!

http://www.scene.org/~esa/renoise
logic 8.0.2 and renoise 2.1.0 hooked together via rewire, for direct recording to logic trax.

++ added ++
ableton live 7.2 and renoise 2.1.0 hooked together via rewire, for direct recording renoise tracked stuff to ableton live audiotracks and looping.

The ReWire support is absolutely awesome, well done. Fantastic!

That does not compute, what exactly do you mean ?

rewire support… finally B)
i´ve still got a feature request for the rewire-slave-mode:
please make it possible to select hardware audio-in, so i can route hardware-synths through renoise, process them there and record and mix in cubase…
i use renoise for sounddesign most of the time, but as is i can only use vst-instruments in rewire-slave.
softsynths suck :P please let me use some real analog stuff…

anyways great update!!!

greetings from hamburg

rasmus

what is “live pattern triggering”? by accident, it’s not making nice note retriggers possible now?

it does not have anything to do with note triggering: with this feature you can decide with a click which will be the next pattern which will be played (=“triggered”), regardless of the pattern sequencer.

i see. maybe nice for live purposes, i guess. :)

Nice update, but one thing is really disturbing me - why have automation and instrument settings buttons switched places?

I liked the old way better. Now I always hit the wrong button :)