Renoise 2.5 Beta Testing Starts

Incredible update! still cant belieave in it!
:drummer:

I am using Renoise for seven years now.
this is the first time I feel to overwhelmed by an update.
not because the new implented features but, I just got lost into the program I used to know so well.
I know, it’s just temporarily, but this is, for me, the greatest change in layout and maybe the train of thought to use the Prog

I kinda assumed there was going to be something before christmas… but. not. this.

:w00t: :panic: :w00t:

on behalf of every renoise-head on this board

TO YOU… TIKTAK

3 cheers, hip hip… :yeah:

Yes! Which version? How much? Seriously!

Related to the pattern arranger:
Can I drag and drop those blocks to any position I want or just to the alignment of a pattern (e.g. 64 rows)? And do they have an arbitrary size like 16, 32 or 96, 128 rows, etc. ?
I wonder because in the screenshot are all blocks of the same size and starting at row 0 of a pattern (even when the notes/events start at the end of the pattern).

Otherwise this feature is just a nice graphic version of Musik Maker V8 (Amiga) in a vertical direction. :P

But still a nice update in the right direction (not just a bunch of new fx devices and workflow enhancements where you need some magnifier to see the new stuff).
As a demo “user” I really look forward to the release in 2010. :)

Robbson

vsti grabber is a true wonder! (btw, grabber works only in 16 bit mode or am i miss something?)
signal follower is superb feature which allows you 2 make super duck quak quak madness!
and matrix is a real gift !
cosmetical fixes are very good for eye.
and thanks for including my color themes into pack )
stutter + cabinet WOW
and HELL YEAH - MIDI MAPPING!

but i miss one little tiny feature - an ability to turn off interpolation on all samples. i remember someone said this feature will be in new update. may be its already there, cant see it.

p.s.
KICK ME IN THE ARSE - NO SAMPLESLICER ))))))))) why?
just joking, cant wait now for a “nerd” update, so we can all wrote our own wicked additions for RNS.

Interpolation toggle for all samples was a thing that has been tested in the scripting engine, all those kind of small manipulative things will be done with that.
Yes it is around, but not in this release :)

after spending 20 minutes just now looking at it all. it’s fair to say… there is a god.

Mad!

Thank you RNSTEAM! MUCH!

hah… keep discovering awesomeness, like: signal follow > hydra > freaking everywhere you want !!

and also, seems rock solid so far.

A flood of joy.

Thank you Taktik for releasing this.

Time to celebrate by buying 3 new layers of Renoise T-Shirts.

[b]ARRANGER!!!111111111

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

THANK YOU RENOISE DEVS FOR THE BEST 50 EUROS I HAVE EVER SPENT. [/b]

/cruise control

Nice you like the Matrix… most DAW developers will laugh at that if we would really call that an arranger though :)
The real arranger has yet to be further developed i’m afraid…

f*cking awesome. THANK YOU TEAM.

…and secretly wish they had a matrix :P

Congrats to everybody on the team - in making this the bestest Renoise ever!!

The storm…has arrived

:drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

Very cool. You guys do impressive updates. Congrats!

The Matrix! The Red or the Blue Pill??!?! :o

I’ve spent a few hours with this mountain of a version, and I must add to the chorus of praise and say that the positive vibe of this release is overwhelming. The Pattern Matrix alone is genius - it is both unique AND feels very “tracker-ish” which I think ultimately will please both old and young. Just brilliant!

I was personally a little bit disappointed that there was no ‘long clip caching’ or “long tracks” so to speak; and also sad to see that the sample recorder’s latency compensator is STILL in ms, not in samples (which is more accurate). Not having these two things is still an irk for those of us who do a lot of things like vocal recording. But still, I don’t want to go on about it more than that here - there are MORE than enough cool features here to make Renoise absolutely top dog of the music programs out there. And now with the engine fully realized these needed features will probably come much more quickly.

Best of luck to everyone in the beta testing, let’s make this animal RAWK SOLID \m/

What a great release, can’t wait for the weekend!

I’m breaking my head over this: Can I use the signal follower to create sidechain compression?

It does and a lot more or not?

For Example:

Can I use the signal follower to decrease the cutoff of a filter assigned to a percussionpattern, eveytime the bassdrum on a other track kicks in?

yes, and yes.