► Renoise 2.8 Beta Testing Starts ◀

You are not alone, I also use xrni’s/samples only, no vsts.

^ same here. i love doing everything just sample-based, and also just using native Renoise fx. i am getting by fine though, don’t really need stuff like multiple envelopes for instruments, or some of the EQ-stuff etc people are talking about is not possible in Renoise. i like to just be creative with the tools i got at hand, and this 2.8 update just gave me a whole bunch of new ones.

Not alone. I’m not that productive, but no VSTi:s here either. I’d also very much like to see the instrument section get some love from the devteam, but I’m sure there’ll be a release around that theme too. In the future. And I’ll go absolutely nuts over that one again. My head will explode. :)

Great with a capital G.

:w00t:

Hell yeah! Incredible release!

You guys are just F******g AWESOME!

Whow thanx !!! :w00t:

It will be hard tomorrow at work ^^

Very nice improvements. I’ve been wishing for track grouping for long time.
Is it just me or is there better midi-controller recording than before? Feels better now.

It may be just all in your head. Render two versions out to do an A-B. One thing that might sound different in the new version is that the multi-band sends now have different cross-over options.

I have this really weird feeling that the Renoise logo changed on OSX. It might be some sort of a psychological thing, but it looks nicer. Sometimes I’m not sure there’s been any changes to it ( :rolleyes: ) and sometimes i’m completely convinced.

(Psychological placebo things aside, some tracks of mine that were pushing the cpu limits in 2.7.2 run worse in 2.8 b1, stuttering the audio stream where they could just manage in the last stable Renoise. Seems to be a slight cpu increase on my system. Disabling ‘follow the players position’ button helps a little).

well, they must have done something to the way LUA/API works, because i went from waiting half a second / 1 second for tab to switch to next track or previous track, and now it’s blindingly fast, even with script loaded.

Checked out the vid, played around, played some more. Yup, still AWESOME! :)

it’s definitely rounder

And not only that, the edit_mode “red brackets” around the pattern editor are thicker! that is so awesome. thank you devs!!

the track grouping and the new spectrum analyser are simply great :) thank you soooo much!

back on testing…

Same here, the diffrence is really big for me (i use lot of dsp’s), so i guess the reason is renoise now have internal 64 bit calculations.

calculation has always been using 64 bits precision. Using a 64bit edition does not have anything to do with sound quality, and this is true for every sequencer

well i thought calculation between dsp’s was 32 bit, and intire dsp’s there was 64 bits? Anyway something changes and i like this a lot.

Good to see that the placebo effect of 64 bit version is working well. :)

As with the last release we were told that it was the first wave in changes to the internal instruments I had almost expected envelopes per keyzone in this release. Oh well, some time soon I’m sure… ;)