Renoise 3.1 has arrived

The 3.1 Launch page still refers to ‘Renoise 3.1 Beta testing starts’ at the bottom :wink:

Fixed - thanks!

hehe, nice!

Still using 2.8 as 3.0 was nothing in for me.

But 3.1 sounds tasty.

… some tracks now sound really better!

others of my old now need to be re-adapted.

noice one! ;D

cheers for n thanks to the dev team!!¡¡ good work, good work

Well,

many thanks to the developers for all the effort.

About a quarter year of fixing and special wish fulfillments.

?Congratulations!? Thank you devs, and thank you community?

Anyone else having issues with ValhallaDSP plugins cutting off sound?? (64bit on Windows 7) - It sounds like there’s a noise-gate on the tracks that cut off sound when it reaches a certain level… really odd!

Anyone else having issues with ValhallaDSP plugins cutting off sound?? (64bit on Windows 7) - It sounds like there’s a noise-gate on the tracks that cut off sound when it reaches a certain level… really odd!

Have you gone to the “questionmark” on the top-right corner of the plugin, and de-selected “auto suspend plugin when silent” ? :slight_smile:

I think it’s a 32bit vs. 64bit issue… It was an older track I had loaded up and it contained the 32-bit versions of the Valhalla plugins. I tested a new track using the 64bit version and there wasn’t an issue with those… strange though, as Renoise has always had the best working 32bit wrapper in 64 bit mode IMO.

I had the same issue in the past before 3.1 and the fix esaruoho mentions did the trick. Maybe the plugin database has it set as default for 32bit but not for 64bit, or maybe you did the setting in the past already?

Well done developers .

Congrats

Very interesting new features in this versions.

Nice job !!

I found that Renoise 3.1 had slower framerate than 3.0 on my Macbook Pro running El Capitan: the spectrum analyser and the master volume VU meter (and the rest of the GUI of course) don’t go beyond 20 fps, unlike Renoise 3.0 which could run at 60 fps on the same machine, even at 80% CPU usage. I guess it’s a 3.1 specific problem, so is the new version that demanding or is it just a temporary compatibility issue?

And of course: thanks for the great set of new features!

Have you gone to the “questionmark” on the top-right corner of the plugin, and de-selected “auto suspend plugin when silent” ? :slight_smile:

Can’t seem to find that with a mac?

Can’t seem to find that with a mac?

see that questionmark there?

Thanks for this release ! Lots of new stuff too explore :walkman:

Awesome release. :walkman:

My thoughts on this version:

The new internal MIDI routing features that let us drive a plugin from another plugin really opens up new possibilities, especially when used in conjunction with the phrases stuff. So even if it’s just a pointrelease, it actually feels “bigger” because of all the new doors to open and experiment with when it comes to third party plugins.

Even the new “import midifiles and appendthe data to thelast pattern” feature seemsto bea huge step forward in the right direction, and it’scertainly a very welcomefeature that makes a real difference for the overall user experience whenthe userhas lots of midifiles to explore. I just wished Renoise had away topreviewmidifilesfrom HDD in the same manner preview of samples is done. So that the playback of suchmidi fileswould instantly be previewed through the current selected instrument before being imported.

questionmark there?

Perfect thank you!

I found that Renoise 3.1 had slower framerate than 3.0 on my Macbook Pro running El Capitan: the spectrum analyser and the master volume VU meter (and the rest of the GUI of course) don’t go beyond 20 fps, unlike Renoise 3.0 which could run at 60 fps on the same machine, even at 80% CPU usage. I guess it’s a 3.1 specific problem, so is the new version that demanding or is it just a temporary compatibility issue?

And of course: thanks for the great set of new features!

Try this temp. fix:https://forum.renoise.com/t/osx-gui-slows-down-on-renoise-app-show-status-calls/43129

congratulations to return man 3 unblocked! Great one !