► Renoise 3 Beta testing starts - announcing Redux

I have a limited english vocabulary
So we can’t drop samples on the keyzones anymore ?
Get me …? st@rted …naah …now true …I am bit explosive lately …and that all has to do with the fact that there seems to be a problem with 'avangate ’ license upgrade …stuff …yeah …so I am a bit frustrated …
Big love for Renoise and dev’s and community …reading about the ++++ and the minussess and I can’t even check it out …

You have got to be …
What is this I don’t even

Oh and about there not being sliders for sample vol/pan, transpose etc; maybe there is room for this when sample list is resized horizontally?

PS about the release notes, please make this

say

PPS having the piano keys constantly visible with the visual feedback is great, oh and seeing the scales, yeahhh

@ cas …dropping samples on keyzones …possible ?

oh yeah… audiomulch redux would be wonderful

There are still two windows in the disk browser, one is just collapsed by default for some reason. I had the same freakout for almost a day before I realized that lol, still works great!

Just checked it out. Thank you. I would have never thought about expanding that window . The solution was right in front of me the whole time haha :lol:

I’ve been running Renoise 3.0 in a couple of days now and I must say I’m damn impressed with this realese :D/> The new GUI seemes confusing at first glance, but it’s not that you can´t get used to it. When you start to look what’s under the hood, it´s not difficult to understand why it has taken so long for the dev’s to get things done. Phrases rocks! So to the Renoise devteam I can not thank you enough!

Is there a way to just open a VST by clicking on the little plug icon to the right of the instrument name without being directed to the Plugin tab?
I just want to fiddle around inside the VST while tracking, I’m not interested in mapping things or a big empty screen with one button saying ‘External Editor’…

Just double-click on the plug-in in the Instrument list. Works just like it did in 2.8.

@ Renoise devs, excellent work on the next-gen Renoise. I personally wonder how much of the ‘under the hood’ code was redone in this release, and what kind of new features can be added because of that.

For the obvious stuff, the GUI changes are, for the most part, going in the right direction. The idea of separating different tasks into different work areas or screens is better for keeping things sorted out…at least it works better for me. I started with IT, where the pattern editor, sample list, instrument list, playback (with scrolling patterns, meters, blinking lights, whatever), order list, global variables, etc. were all on their own separate screens ;)

A suggestion though: instead of stacking the different Instrument windows vertically and thus leaving a great deal of screen real estate tied up purely to surround the text across the entire width of the instrument view, why not use a single row of tabs like you’ve already done with the Edit/Sampler/Plug-ins/MIDI tabs?

Can you use the instruments envelopes/modulations in the DSP chains effects and modulate parameters using the same envelopes ? Does anyone know? I haven’t found a way yet.

Oh wow, I never knew that :lol:/> thanks!

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, and I didn’t see it in any announcement, but props to the devs for optimizing ‘render to sample.’ practically spontaneous for small samples now.

Yea I read the release notes now. You gotta dupe sample to get an extra keymap. Hope the amount of max samples sounding per note lane have been increased :)

updating overtune now

pc only.

didnt know the developers work at bitwig, that’s kinda cool.

wel actually it is developer …claes johanson …first he had his own company ‘vember audio’ then went to work for Ableton , quit ableton and started Bitwig with a few other ex abletonees .
If you have worked with ableton , you 'll notice that the ableton sampler ( the advanced one ) has a lot in common with short- cirquit , for reason explained above .

man… thanks for this. this begs the question : frame resizing features in the Lua API… when? …
would be lush.

i mapped ‘ä’ to open external plugin window in instrument. it’s worked like a charm for me for years.

you can also use the numpad keys
0 opens editor

Héhé, that sounds more like: “help me convince myself I am important and I do matter”
Or like: “Galileo was so death wrong, the earth does not evolves around the sun. It’s evolve around me”

Oh boy, that’s hilarious. I only spend my money if, and only if you suffer enough to convince me.

As for the new release, just found out this morning. So I got to get use to the new interface a little.
There some new features which are really cool, like the instrument editor. The accordion menu take a lot of space, maybe;

The phase thing looks cool to.

The only thing for the moment that’s annoying me is the plugins tap.
When you go to the plugin section the plugin automatic show up.
I would rather have it waits until I pressed the “External editor” button

Overall I am pretty enthusiast about this release. (It took me about 5 min to get myself together and click on the backstage link)

I like it like this. What was the point of having two windows? I can use Command-left and enter to navigate up and down directories so as far as I can tell two windows just requires extra keystrokes / mouse navigation.

Topic was started to gather user information about 3.0 in one topic
Maybe it was a faulty choice of words …can we move on now