Renoise 45 Min Video Tutorial

maybe you guys saw this already but here is a bump for those who didn’t, a video tutorial on happy hardcore where the program being used was our good old Renoise. Enjoy!

From Bcomplex @ DOA:

Alright, as I know it’s really hard to start using a tracker from scratch I decided to make a little thread, thanks to Psychad from #trax / ircnet, i found Skrebbel’s video tutorial, originally made kinda as a joke for coders teaching them how to make a quick happy hardcore tune but it’s pretty nice tutorial for people who never used tracker before I think. So here’s the video:

ftp://ftp.untergrund.net/breakpoint/2006/…rebbel_XVid.avi

I’ve been told it’s free for every scener out there so perhaps it will inspire you to visit some demoparty near your place. [video is 45 minutes long and 600+mb so patience ;)] Big up for skrebbel I had pretty good time watching his presentation :)

I can’t really stand happy hardcore music but I am interested to see how other people present their ideas in these kind of things.

Are there any mirror sites hosting this file? The FTP download never seems to start from the untergrund site.

I downloaded the video about a month ago. and right now I’m getting a window pop up allowing me to download it.

don’t know what’s wrong on your end. :(

Just a really overloaded FTP I guess. I found it on scene.org as well so I’m getting it from there now no problem.

ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/parties/2006/brea…rebbel_xvid.avi

thanks! downloading it now… i always like to watch vids about others making music and stuff… gives tonns of inspiration and urge to go and compose :)

Thanks a lot for the link AVB. Always fun to see people at work.

Just finished watching it (well, skipping through every few minutes). That was certainly… interesting! haha. Seems like a funny guy.

it’s all about spreading the word. :P

A good plan is half the man? :)

Even though there’s not much to learn from it for seasoned trackers, it had some really funny bits. If you guys get me a projector like that, I’ll tour the norwegian countryside and wepwesent. Maybe bring along that guy with the film trailer voice.

haha, very funny to just watch :D

Nice work Skrebbel

hey hey, i like happy hardcore and i like renoise, and i’m american and i’ve never been to a demo party and i like to see pics of them and stuff… plus i am fascinated with european accents… so this should be some good entertainment. :D

25 minutes in, wow, why am i still watching this…

he actually says “i’m sure you guys have heard music a couple of times
later on he says “let me find my hi-hats… oh wait, that’s a sucky hat”
ahahaha, this is so funny… the “2:30 part” … he says “usually when people are writing songs, they run out of ideas at about 2:30, so they put some shitty in between part here”

this was great to watch for humour value :)

Nice and funny video. B)