Renoise II Predictions

Waveform Generator in sample editor.

hell yes! :yeah:

combine that with the native fx’s and render selection and we wont need any bastard vsti’s

Yeah, the waveform generating of something like Sound Forge8.0 would be ace. Then I can generate my own Kick drums inside Renoise.

The ability to pivot the arranger AND the pattern editor. Horizontal or Vertical, the choice is yours!
Since the automation enveloeps are ALREADY shown horizontally while the actual pattern is vertical, this is an issue.

I would love to be able to view my pattern, so for each track, I could have beside it (or below it) the corresponding DSP automation graphs. It would be something you could enable/disable just like you already can enable and disable the volume and effects columns.

All around improved interface. More NNA power. Mix-paste! Re-wire support, both ways.

1.9 has got mix-paste in the advanced pattern editor :guitar: :drummer:

Well hopefully it’ll make it through to rel 2.0 then ;)

Is there are keyboard shortcut for it tho (directly mix pasting, not pressing ö to activate the AEdit)?
I used mix-paste exclusively in IT. If it’s not, make one! please!

Yes, if Waveform Generator is added to sample editor it would give users enormous power together with the instrument editor and internal effects… a huge advancement IMO.

We gotta have the resolution and pitch bending capabilities of Sound Forge else I am not bothered… waaaa.

Sound Forge has a really CLINICAL sound. The pitch bed on the wave is amazing.

Check out the Infected Mushroom Tutorial (which was done in an old release) for proof…

TUNK!

a native 3 oscilators synth with graphic interface like instrument editor

No, please no internal synths! Wasted Taktik-time IMO. There are tons of vsti out there for basic oscillator waveforms. A pimped out instr editor would be sort of like a synth anyway.

Other then the biggies listed on the page before, I hope we’ll finally be able to send midi to for example vocoder / effect vsts.

just pick renoise license as one of bb5 prizes dude :)

There are also tons of delays and reverbs and … VSTs out there, should taktik delete DSPs too?

personally i’m using native stuff only. If renoise would have good internal synth then I will use it a lot!

“There are also tons of delays and reverbs and … VSTs out there, should taktik delete DSPs too?”

This wasn’t about deleting, this was about adding! ;)

• if there would be a waveform drawing option in the sample editor (and/or formula waveshaper) together with a pimped out instrument editor, you’d have the perfect wavesynthesis engine.

yes but you cant work with waveforms phases that way!!

Take the example of the citrus synth from FL … it s really powerfull because native and fully compatible i know producers who use citrus in 90% times

New and improoved Song Arranger is super important 1st of all IMO.
Currently it’s very hard and uncomfortable to handle big and complex songs…

I agree, and I think it would be nice to be able to pivot the arranger.
Oh, and alternative arrangements support.
E.g Play Song Arrangement 1, Play Song Arrangement 2…

Haha that would be like back in the days when we swapped songdisks. Good idea!

+1 for nonlinear song arranger.
Maybe drum patterns (might be useful for some people)
Envelope device for env. triggering vst and fx parameters (like LFO device)

Renoise 2 will have a built in hammond break so you won’t need a mudderfakken beads lice er…?

Seriously though… I think it will probably have an arranger… the ability to play entire patterns like instruments (pitch shifting and all) … and proper multi-input effect chaining.

… though my true desires for renoise can all be found here: https://forum.renoise.com/t/top-5-features-that-would-make-your-life-easier/19215