Renoise Irc

I don’t get it.

I’m using Pidgin 2.5.4. I add an account, specify as IRC, put in the server name, and then fail.

Never IRCed before so idk what’s up.

is your account configured as this? (your nickname instead of “It-Alien” of course). have you added #renoise channel in the contact list for this account or does the error happen before connection? which error is? are you behind a firewall?

What do you mean? I guess before connection.

No, no firewall. Yes, I’m configured the same way on there.

This is what I get:

(2:12:31 AM) NickServ: (notice) This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your nickname, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise, please choose a different nickname.

That error is pretty obvious. Try using another nickname. ;)

Yeah, but I have “meow” as my nickname. I doubt someone else is using it.

I type out “/msg NickServ IDENTIFY (my password for the forum)” and it says invalid.

you doubt someone else uses it, but someone actually does, so I’m sorry, you really have to choose another nickname, such as _meow or woof

:D :D :D

I thought it was. That explains a lot then.

Using Pidgin for IRC is like using a knife blade on a phillips-head screw. It will probably work eventually, but you will probably need to put more time and effort into it.

XChat ftw!

it just works actually. I don’t know what you need to do with your razor other than shave ;)